What kind is this?????

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I found a new angel and am not sure what kind it is. Does anyone know what I have???? Also how do you tell if you have a super veil angel???

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have never seen an angel like this either, but it's certainly very beautiful. It has such an interesting pattern on its fins. I saw koi and striped angels, but not with patterns that your angel has. Butterfly will surely know what kind of an angel you have. How do you recognize an angel with super veil tail? Hmm, I suppose its veil-tail is really long? LOL

I think perhaps your angel is a mix of two angelfish varieties, one striped perhaps and the other something else. Or maybe one of the parents was koi and the other was striped?

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My guess is it's a leopard angel. The one in your picture is simply stunning. If it's not yours already, and you have a proper home for it, BUY IT!

http://theangelfishsociety.org/articles/norton/dr_norton(10).htm

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
It is mine all mine, boyfriend saw it at the store and I made him take me to get it the same day. They had 3 but only one was left when I went back... Will update pics as it gets bigger.. I think he is so awesome I hope it pairs with one of my other angels!!! that would be really cool..

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That is definately a leopard and it is gorgeous!!! Super veils have extremely long fins.
Carol

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks Carol I thought that is what I had... As for fins. I will have to post a pic of my gold angels, they have fins that are atleast 2x the size of their body. right now not so long due to a breakout of fin rot from some where. Medicated them all and now have to wait and see how they regrow. As for now I have to rearrange fish to make more room for my angels ;D ;D

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Alas it was a walmart angel and passed away on me last night.... I don't know what caused it's death.. am really sad I loved that angel,,, it was sooo pretty.. Am going to keep my open for more of them I really love them...

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yes it did had it for almost a full month was doing just fine and all of a sudden poof, no more angel. By the time I say it all of its scales were gone, I moved it into quarintine tank and it lasted for a hour tops. It was very strange. I have been looking for more of them and the only place I can find them is on aquabid, their is one person who sells them under green lepords. expensive but I am seriously thinking of trying to get some.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
All of its scales were gone? When did you notice the scales disappearing? What are your water's parameters by the way?

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Noticed scales were gone I didn't even notice that they were diappearing. I just looked that night and he looked different so I went closer and it looked like all of his scales were gone.... That's when I removed him and put him in my other tank and started treating with HEX-A-MINT suppose to do lots of stuff and unexplained fish death. But it was too late he did a couple of flips in the med tank and he was gone about 1 hour later. My water was all in perimeters, ammmonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10 .

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The water seems very good. I wonder what could have killed the fish. Perhaps it was already sick from the store and it took a while for the disease to show. I am very sorry for your loss - the angelfish was certainly a beautiful one. I hope it won't happen to you again.

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I hope not I have been looking all over for a cool angel and there it was. I had it in my 55 gal and was doing soo good. I wish i knew what killed it too. I don't like having to get my fish from walmart but that is the onlt place around me that I can find angels. Atleast I have a 90 day warrenty on them. So I am just going to keep an eye out for more of them. I have seen some on aquabid that are "green angel" but they are like pick up only in NY i think it was and they are only on there like once every 2 months. I am in Wisconsin and am having a hard time finding good places to get my fish from. If anyone has any ideas on where or How I can find a local place it would be awesome.

Heidi

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
ok went looking today and found another leopard. Going to try again. Hope this one makes it they are soo pretty..

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I will and when i get a chance I will take a pic and post it for you all. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Heidi

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
New Leopard Angel Pic Enjoy will post some more pics in the photo gallery

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom