...what just happened

1. r

renthus Well Known Member Member

Man, things are seriously not going my way lately. A couple weeks ago, I had some weird, unidentifiable issues with one of my GBR girls. She didn't make it. Today I lost one of my ADFs randomly, and then about 5 minutes ago I saw the quickest progression from perfect health to death I've ever witnessed with another of my GBR girls. All was well, and then she suddenly just started flailing erratically around the tank for a few seconds and then lay upside-down on the bottom for about 90 seconds before dying.

Every param is perfect (0/0/5), I have no aggression issues (even when male bettas sneak in together), and even my more difficult plants (and more impressively, my DG) are doing well.

WHAT IS GOING ON

2. e

evan47 Valued Member Member

3. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

:( Sorry to hear about your GBRs. Have you added anything new to the tank recently? Some of my fish displayed similar symptoms, albeit not as rapid a progression, when accidentally exposed to toxic chemicals.

4. OP
    OP
    r

renthus Well Known Member Member

Not really. I did a substrate swap a few weeks ago to eco-complete (and re-dosed root tabs), and I've added a few different plants over the weeks. Nothing particularly weird, though. Still, I feel like if there were water issues, my otos would be the first ones dying, and they all seem happy and fat. Thus far, though, the otos are fine. Besides, the ADF is in a whole other tank (which hasn't been changed in ages).

Oh, and this is all before the really complicated issues arrive.