What is your plant quarantine method??

Ssnaaiil

Wondering what everyone’s plant quarantine method is for new plants. To dip(bleach,salt,peroxide,ect) or not to dip?
I have mystery snails, nerite snails, and rabbit snails in my tank that the new plants will eventually go into, so I don’t want to do a dip with anything that will harm my snails or fish in my main tank once I put the plants in there. But I also want to make sure I’m not getting hitchhikers in my main tank, I really don’t want to deal with bladder/pond snails, worms or bugs or anything that doesn’t belong. Sorry for the long post, I’m new to plants and just trying to get as much info so that I hopefully can keep these plants alive. So please share with me your plant quarantine with details so I can decide the best one to use. THANKS ALL
Photo below of plants I purchased

richiep

you can dip in bleech then wash in cold water a few times then the last dip add prime or the like than add to your tank, as long as you wash them well in cold water bucket youll be fine
1 cup of bleech to 16ltr water
Hardy plants dip for 4 minutes
Less Hardy dip for 2 minutes

Upvote 0

Ssnaaiil

you can dip in bleech then wash in cold water a few times then the last dip add prime or the like than add to your tank, as long as you wash them well in cold water bucket youll be fine

Are mine hardy or less hardy? I’m new to aquarium plants

Upvote 0

richiep

the anubias is harder the other three id say less hardy,

Upvote 0

Ssnaaiil

the anubias is harder the other three id say less hardy,
Should I be careful to not get the roots in the dip? Or does that not matter?

Upvote 0

skar

I don't do anything different.
I rinse under tap water and put them in.

Upvote 0

richiep

Put the roots i a well but to be honest no Matter how hard you try they always seem to find a way in

Upvote 0

bettabo1

I pour some 10 to 1 bleach water mix into the bag. Let it sit for half a minute then wash out.

Upvote 0

Ssnaaiil

So it would be 1cup of bleach to 4gallons of water?

Upvote 0

richiep

Yes thats what it works out to

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
Replies
Views
bumblinBee
Replies