what is your fish's name. just curious...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fishphreak_4, Aug 4, 2005.

1. f

fishphreak_4 New Member Member

here are the names of my fish:
    Leonardo Di Caprio--betta (male)
    Queen Elizabeth--betta (female)
    Siegfried--sucker fish
    Grandpa--11 year old goldfish
    Superfang--guppy
    Abraham--dwarf gourami
    Elmer--gourami
    William--red cap

2. F

FishFan Valued Member Member

Is your saying at the bottom of your post from Finding Nemo? LOL I thought I recognized it!!! I have 2 kids, so I've watched Nemo soooo many times!!! As for fish names, the funniest we had was The Muffin Man! He was a Black Veiled Angelfish, who recenlty died of unknown causes :( My 3 year-old daughter named him (from watching Shrek!) As for others...here they are:

The Pig (our fast growing Marble Angel)
    Mini Pig (our little Marble Angel)
    Cory & Dory (our Emerald Cory cats)
    Monster (our large Pleco)
    Little Monster (our little Pleco)
    Mary (named after me-our Red-Tailed female shark (she can be happy or moody :p )-a little personal, sorry
    Cornel (named after hubby- our very sassy male Velvet Swordtail LOL)-waaay too personal
    I have more fish, but as of yet, they're not named :(

3. 0morrokh

0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

I currently don't have fish, but while I'm waiting for my tank to cycle so I can have fish, I'll tell you the names of the "old" fish I've had.

Kissy (goldfish--named because he would suck on the side of his tank)
    Sunny (goldfish)
    Shadow (goldfish)
    Snowy ('nuther goldfish)
    Solar Flare (you guessed it. his stripe looked like a solar flare...so I was the only kid who paid attention in science class, whatever)
    Muddy (nope. this one's a chinese algae eater)
    Woodie (chinese algae eater...as in driftwood, NOT toy story!)
    Starry (got the algae eater part right, but this one's a golden)
    Moon (not even close. this one's a betta)

I'll tell you the names of my platies, bettas, and cory cats once I get them...which I hope is SOON! fishphreak_4, I love your fish picture! (totally random :p) I'm done now.

4. M

Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

I have Taro whcih apparently means "God of War" in Vietnamese whcih is where Bettas are from I think, and Slurp, the pleco :) The goldfsih outside are called F, I, S and H ;D

5. 0morrokh

Love the names Miss Mouse ;)

6. OP
    OP
    f

MY PLECO DIED!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH...... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
    he was so nice. he was my favorite pleco i have ever had. goodbye Siegfried. he was very old though. he outlived all my fish except my 11 yr old goldfish. he was 8. i will miss him.... :'( now i have to buy another one off eBay. sniff sniff...

7. M

Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Awww I'm so sorry to hear that.. at least he had a good life :'(

8. C

Craig Well Known Member Member

grandpa love the name 4 ur goldfish though :D i lost my platties they never last in tanks over here in northern ireland luke had about 3 all of them died in about a month :'(

9. s

swimfan New Member Member

Love all the names...... I know my little boy will one day name all our fish, but he's only 1.5yrs old, so for now I get to! My two black skirt tetras are named Sambo (the big one) and Rambo (the little one).

10. j

joe Valued Member Member

here are my fish names

Mickey=mickey mouse platy
    pearl danioi 1= pearl danio
    pearl danio 2= pearl danio
    Beastly Boy = pearl danio
    i have tons others but dont have names for em yet

11. OP
    OP
    f

wow joe, those sure are creative names you got there. i wish i had a pearl danio. i guess not many people name their fish, because i only have 9 replies. now i feel like some weirdo for naming every fish i get. :-[ oh well. but i did get a new pleco. his name is Tiny Bubbles, because before i feed him he blows tiny bubbles. it's kinda funny. :)

12. 0morrokh

Don't feel like a wierdo. I name my pets, I talk to my pets more than to people, I spend more time cleaning cages than my room or myself...you get the point. I think all of us fish people are a little bit, well, :p :p :p

13. J

JustinT New Member Member

Yes, we are a little bit, well....yeah

I've only named a few of the fish I've had. I tend to only name my favorites.

My old (and massive) oranda goldfish I named Maximus.

I had a betta named Leviathan (Job chapter 41 KJV)

I have a bearded dragon named Bahamut (I know, not a fish, but he's staring at me right now so I thought I'd mention him.)

And my favorite, favorite fish is a red turqoise discus named Squishy-Mo, but we all call him Squishy.

14. OP
    OP
    f

ha! Squishy-Mo. i like that. you are quite creative.oh yeah, i just got 7 new neon tetras and here are there names:
    -Archimedes
    -Oscar Mayer
    -Pequeno
    -Zorro
    -Asparagus (don't ask)
    -Cayenne
    -Frankenstein
    hehe, i can be creative too! how do you like the names. they're kinda weird, but i like weird. ;D

15. S

Susie New Member Member

I stopped naming my fish. Each time I do, that fish dies. Now they're nameless but alive! ;)

16. J

Asparagus...now that's a great name...but I do have to ask: How did you come about naming a neon tetra Asparagus? And how do you know which is which? All of my schooling fish are identical! (except this really fat rummy-nose who is missing his dorsal fin...he was born that way)

17. J

Jason Well Known Member Member

I didnt name my tetras only one which had lasted from my previous school so I named him Little Trooper.
    Red-tail Shark- Fat Tony
    Feather Fin Catfish - Scooter (Used to be very quick small and scared, now big and fat)
    Corydorus Sterbai- Cory
    Bristlenose catfish - Flathead
    Anglefish - Goldie (but I call her idiot and dumbo cause she annoys me)
    Angelfish - Sherby
    Male Guppy - Senior Guppman
    The rest are just the names of their respective species as I cant think of good names as yet

18. OP
    OP
    f

well, to tell the truth, its really hard to tell my fish apart, but all my tetras are different sizes because i have been feeding them different foods until i put them all in the same tank, so some are fat and others are small. Asparagus actually eats asparagus when i put a little bit in. it doesn't hurt or poison him. actually, i think it makes him healthier! he is bigger than the others.

19. 0morrokh

I just got two female red Platies:
    Sunrise
    Sunshine

I'll keep adding to the list as I stock up my tank.

20. J

Hey...feeding them asparagus....I'm going to try that. I bet my discus will love it. So, if I feed my discus asparagus...can I call him Squishy-Mo Asparagus? Just asking permission :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice