what is your fish's name. just curious...

1. fishphreak_4 Initiate Member

here are the names of my fish:
    Leonardo Di Caprio--betta (male)
    Queen Elizabeth--betta (female)
    Siegfried--sucker fish
    Grandpa--11 year old goldfish
    Superfang--guppy
    Abraham--dwarf gourami
    Elmer--gourami
    William--red cap

2. FishFan Member Member

Is your saying at the bottom of your post from Finding Nemo? LOL I thought I recognized it!!! I have 2 kids, so I've watched Nemo soooo many times!!! As for fish names, the funniest we had was The Muffin Man! He was a Black Veiled Angelfish, who recenlty died of unknown causes :( My 3 year-old daughter named him (from watching Shrek!) As for others...here they are:

The Pig (our fast growing Marble Angel)
    Mini Pig (our little Marble Angel)
    Cory & Dory (our Emerald Cory cats)
    Monster (our large Pleco)
    Little Monster (our little Pleco)
    Mary (named after me-our Red-Tailed female shark (she can be happy or moody :p )-a little personal, sorry
    Cornel (named after hubby- our very sassy male Velvet Swordtail LOL)-waaay too personal
    I have more fish, but as of yet, they're not named :(

3. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

I currently don't have fish, but while I'm waiting for my tank to cycle so I can have fish, I'll tell you the names of the "old" fish I've had.

Kissy (goldfish--named because he would suck on the side of his tank)
    Sunny (goldfish)
    Shadow (goldfish)
    Snowy ('nuther goldfish)
    Solar Flare (you guessed it. his stripe looked like a solar flare...so I was the only kid who paid attention in science class, whatever)
    Muddy (nope. this one's a chinese algae eater)
    Woodie (chinese algae eater...as in driftwood, NOT toy story!)
    Starry (got the algae eater part right, but this one's a golden)
    Moon (not even close. this one's a betta)

I'll tell you the names of my platies, bettas, and cory cats once I get them...which I hope is SOON! fishphreak_4, I love your fish picture! (totally random :p) I'm done now.

4. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

I have Taro whcih apparently means "God of War" in Vietnamese whcih is where Bettas are from I think, and Slurp, the pleco :) The goldfsih outside are called F, I, S and H ;D

5. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Love the names Miss Mouse ;)

6. fishphreak_4 Initiate Member

MY PLECO DIED!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH...... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
    he was so nice. he was my favorite pleco i have ever had. goodbye Siegfried. he was very old though. he outlived all my fish except my 11 yr old goldfish. he was 8. i will miss him.... :'( now i have to buy another one off eBay. sniff sniff...

7. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Awww I'm so sorry to hear that.. at least he had a good life :'(

8. Craig Well Known Member Member

grandpa love the name 4 ur goldfish though :D i lost my platties they never last in tanks over here in northern ireland luke had about 3 all of them died in about a month :'(

9. swimfan Member Member

Love all the names...... I know my little boy will one day name all our fish, but he's only 1.5yrs old, so for now I get to! My two black skirt tetras are named Sambo (the big one) and Rambo (the little one).

10. joe Member Member

here are my fish names

Mickey=mickey mouse platy
    pearl danioi 1= pearl danio
    pearl danio 2= pearl danio
    Beastly Boy = pearl danio
    i have tons others but dont have names for em yet

11. fishphreak_4 Initiate Member

wow joe, those sure are creative names you got there. i wish i had a pearl danio. i guess not many people name their fish, because i only have 9 replies. now i feel like some weirdo for naming every fish i get. :-[ oh well. but i did get a new pleco. his name is Tiny Bubbles, because before i feed him he blows tiny bubbles. it's kinda funny. :)

12. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Don't feel like a wierdo. I name my pets, I talk to my pets more than to people, I spend more time cleaning cages than my room or myself...you get the point. I think all of us fish people are a little bit, well, :p :p :p

13. JustinT Initiate Member

Yes, we are a little bit, well....yeah

I've only named a few of the fish I've had. I tend to only name my favorites.

My old (and massive) oranda goldfish I named Maximus.

I had a betta named Leviathan (Job chapter 41 KJV)

I have a bearded dragon named Bahamut (I know, not a fish, but he's staring at me right now so I thought I'd mention him.)

And my favorite, favorite fish is a red turqoise discus named Squishy-Mo, but we all call him Squishy.

14. fishphreak_4 Initiate Member

ha! Squishy-Mo. i like that. you are quite creative.oh yeah, i just got 7 new neon tetras and here are there names:
    -Archimedes
    -Oscar Mayer
    -Pequeno
    -Zorro
    -Asparagus (don't ask)
    -Cayenne
    -Frankenstein
    hehe, i can be creative too! how do you like the names. they're kinda weird, but i like weird. ;D

15. Susie Initiate Member

I stopped naming my fish. Each time I do, that fish dies. Now they're nameless but alive! ;)

16. JustinT Initiate Member

Asparagus...now that's a great name...but I do have to ask: How did you come about naming a neon tetra Asparagus? And how do you know which is which? All of my schooling fish are identical! (except this really fat rummy-nose who is missing his dorsal fin...he was born that way)

17. Jason Well Known Member Member

I didnt name my tetras only one which had lasted from my previous school so I named him Little Trooper.
    Red-tail Shark- Fat Tony
    Feather Fin Catfish - Scooter (Used to be very quick small and scared, now big and fat)
    Corydorus Sterbai- Cory
    Bristlenose catfish - Flathead
    Anglefish - Goldie (but I call her idiot and dumbo cause she annoys me)
    Angelfish - Sherby
    Male Guppy - Senior Guppman
    The rest are just the names of their respective species as I cant think of good names as yet

18. fishphreak_4 Initiate Member

well, to tell the truth, its really hard to tell my fish apart, but all my tetras are different sizes because i have been feeding them different foods until i put them all in the same tank, so some are fat and others are small. Asparagus actually eats asparagus when i put a little bit in. it doesn't hurt or poison him. actually, i think it makes him healthier! he is bigger than the others.

19. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

I just got two female red Platies:
    Sunrise
    Sunshine

I'll keep adding to the list as I stock up my tank.

20. JustinT Initiate Member

Hey...feeding them asparagus....I'm going to try that. I bet my discus will love it. So, if I feed my discus asparagus...can I call him Squishy-Mo Asparagus? Just asking permission :)