what is your favorite aquarium

• rimmed tanks

• rimmless tanks

• other (post below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Joshaeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have never had a rimless tank, so I cannot vote on that. HOWEVER...my favorite tank type at the moment are strict black water tanks with very soft, acidic water, which are fun to experiment with and - because of the unusual water parameters - force you to use unusual tank maintenance practices, which is a good mental exercise.

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE paludariums but if I ever were to get one, it would be DIY and I hadn't yet figured out how to make that work properly long-term without spending the big $$$... yet.

toeknee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've always had rimmed tanks. The option for rimless has never even crossed my mind. It just never factors into the equation when I'm putting together a tank. I just focus on making the scape look sick tight as the kids say.

BlackOsprey

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Lush, densely planted tanks are the stuff of my dreams. Literally. I have recurring dreams about em.
Oh, and I guess I don't really care about rims. Rims can make finding a proper lid less annoying I guess.

FitSoldier

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
JettsPapa said:
It's not quite 3 months old. I'm hoping the plants will get bigger.
.View attachment 637384

Oh! I remember now! Those fish with the vertical black stripes! What are they called? I had one years ago before I quit the hobby. I think I only had one of those fish. He/she grew big and had long fins.

Sorry lol seeing other people fish tanks triggers a lot of memories from my first planted aquarium.

Donovan Jones

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I like tanks with just plants and gravel, but the catch is the gravel looks like someone snorted crayola shavings. It tells a story. This is the type of gravel I grew up with. Wed see a cool rock or some marbles, collect beach sand, and just add it. Then u look at the tank, and the gravel is just memories. It looks ugly, but has a beautiful story

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
FitSoldier said:
Oh! I remember now! Those fish with the vertical black stripes! What are they called? I had one years ago before I quit the hobby. I think I only had one of those fish. He/she grew big and had long fins.

Sorry lol seeing other people fish tanks triggers a lot of memories from my first planted aquarium.
Black Skirt tetras

idk

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Honestly, for me, it depends. If you have a planted rimless scape it looks amazing but planted scapes that have rims can look just as beautiful! I also think it depends on what fish you have in there eg. an Oscar in a rimless tank, eh probably not but ember tetras would be perfect! Another thing I like to consider is where the aquarium is being placed. If its in the open, rimless looks quite good but if its in a corner a rim looks better (to me). Other factors like substrate can make or break a tanks look as well!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom