What is your favorite kind of pleco? Question

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by m-corbett1, Nov 25, 2009.

1. m-corbett1New MemberMember

:;f:;fb:;fg:;fr Hey yall, I'm going to purchase a few more plecos within the next month or so and I was wondering what plecos otehr people enjoy having. I currently have a common pleco, a rubber lipped, and a hifin.

My personal favorite is the zebra pleco.. but as most of you know, they r rare to come by... I almost bought 2 a few months back for a few hundred dollars but just couldnt go through with it haha....

I'm looking to spend up to probably 30 bucks.

What kind of pleco should I get?? :;f:;fb:;fg:;fr

Thanks,
    -Mikey-

2. aquatic mouse

aquatic mouseValued MemberMember

That's my favorite too!

3. Toddnbecka

ToddnbeckaValued MemberMember

Depends on what you want the pleco for. BN are hardy, tough-to-beat algae eaters. Most of the commonly available Hypancistrus species are more omnivorous, but seldom visible. The Panaques (clown pleco, L-204) are aquatic termites, and require wood in their diet. Also shy, but I do see my L-204's more often than most of the others.
    I have a single adult L-129 available if you're interested in a small species. For looks I like the L-333 and L-134, have groups of both, but seldom see them unless I'm cleaning the tank and disturb them.

4. iloveengl

iloveenglWell Known MemberMember

I like BN because they're better suited for most tanks than a common, they're affordable, and their little bristles are just cute. Reminds me of old man whiskers :p.

5. Aldric

AldricValued MemberMember

how about a tiger bn?

6. dreamsellerValued MemberMember

mine would have to be the albino BN they are the cutest things ever!

7. OP
    OP
    m

m-corbett1New MemberMember

thanks for all your input guys =D... I'll probably buy a albino bristlnoes, a clown , and a columbian zebra. I love plecos =D

8. gunner13Well Known MemberMember

The blue phantom or the royal plecs are cool.

9. DRock914

DRock914Valued MemberMember

I have a gibbiceps (Hifin) that I enjoy but for appearance I like the gold nugget but never had one.

10. Aldric

AldricValued MemberMember

i have a few albino bn the biggest (curly) has a great personality

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice