What is your favorite kind of pleco? Question

1. m-corbett1 Initiate Member

:;f:;fb:;fg:;fr Hey yall, I'm going to purchase a few more plecos within the next month or so and I was wondering what plecos otehr people enjoy having. I currently have a common pleco, a rubber lipped, and a hifin.

My personal favorite is the zebra pleco.. but as most of you know, they r rare to come by... I almost bought 2 a few months back for a few hundred dollars but just couldnt go through with it haha....

I'm looking to spend up to probably 30 bucks.

What kind of pleco should I get?? :;f:;fb:;fg:;fr

Thanks,
    -Mikey-

2. aquatic mouse Well Known Member Member

3. Toddnbecka Member Member

Depends on what you want the pleco for. BN are hardy, tough-to-beat algae eaters. Most of the commonly available Hypancistrus species are more omnivorous, but seldom visible. The Panaques (clown pleco, L-204) are aquatic termites, and require wood in their diet. Also shy, but I do see my L-204's more often than most of the others.
    I have a single adult L-129 available if you're interested in a small species. For looks I like the L-333 and L-134, have groups of both, but seldom see them unless I'm cleaning the tank and disturb them.

4. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

I like BN because they're better suited for most tanks than a common, they're affordable, and their little bristles are just cute. Reminds me of old man whiskers :p.

5. Aldric Member Member

how about a tiger bn?

6. dreamseller Member Member

mine would have to be the albino BN they are the cutest things ever!

7. m-corbett1 Initiate Member

thanks for all your input guys =D... I'll probably buy a albino bristlnoes, a clown , and a columbian zebra. I love plecos =D

8. gunner13 Well Known Member Member

The blue phantom or the royal plecs are cool.

9. DRock914 Member Member

I have a gibbiceps (Hifin) that I enjoy but for appearance I like the gold nugget but never had one.

10. Aldric Member Member

i have a few albino bn the biggest (curly) has a great personality