Question What Is Your Favorite Fish To Feed?

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I love to feed both my female betta and my banjo cat.

My female betta as she is partially blind and I have to guide the flakes to her mouth. She misses them otherwise. It's very bonding, I especially like to see how she improves over time. Though she does grab my finger sometimes.
20190718_195412.jpg

Then feeding my banjo cat is fun. Only when it's frozen bloodworms/brine shrimp though. Any processed food doesn't excite her, and she'll only go for it when the lights are out. As soon as frozen foods touch the water she bursts into action, swimming about excitedly and hoovering up every last bit. It's also one of the few times I actually get to see her swim, which I love as her tail movements are so amazing. Very eel-like.
20190826_160512.jpg

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I love feeding my plecos Zucchini... Speaking of which i think its Zucchini night for my common and rubberlip. I just wish i could see my clown eat it too their so timid
I did have a clown and it went missing for a month and I never saw it again...

Kaysdad

Reaction score
I had a black ghost once that loved to eat flake food that I would pinch between my fingers. I'd give the glass a light tap and here he'd come, skittering around at the top of the water looking for his food.

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
For me either my Blue Acara which I feed by hand or my Royal Spotted Hill Trout, they are so feisty and swirl at the surface as food lands, a lot fun watching them.

Mongo75

Valued Member
Reaction score
Fifteen years ago, it would be my oscar, hands down. He would come up to the surface, and eat out of my fingers. I always thought that was so cool

I am only getting back into the hobby after a 15 year break, so I don't have any favorites yet. Now, I have 4 mollies and an angel, and they get close, but as yet, are still hesitant to go all the way, and eat from my hand.

BlackOsprey

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Argus, my African Butterfly, is both entertaining and massively irritating to feed. Catching the crickets is annoying, and he's super skittish- make a wrong move, and he'll flick water in your face as he skedaddles, leaving you to just wait another 30 minutes to try again. But when he doesn't run away, it's very entertaining to watch the hunt.

Pea puffers too. Annoying bc of their pickiness but fun bc of the hunt.

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Argus, my African Butterfly, is both entertaining and massively irritating to feed. Catching the crickets is annoying, and he's super skittish- make a wrong move, and he'll flick water in your face as he skedaddles, leaving you to just wait another 30 minutes to try again. But when he doesn't run away, it's very entertaining to watch the hunt.

Pea puffers too. Annoying bc of their pickiness but fun bc of the hunt.
Yeah sometimes when mine misses the pellets and I try to pick it up with a tablespoon (Plastic) she will bolt off until she decides she is hungry again. Flicking water is not new as that also happens and also almost have jumped out a few times just for food or being scared. But still very cool!

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I never used to get excited about tetras, but my diamond tetras just about make the water boil at feeding time. my tank has no lids and they get water all over the floor with their splashing!

FLDawna

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I love feeding my panda corys! I turn off the filters because I feed them broken pieces of Sera O nip tabs that settles on the substrate for them to dive into. They go nuts for it! It's funny seeing them come out of hiding in a big herd as soon as the filters stop...they know what's coming. I also like to see my bristlenose eating his veggies...lol. His favorite is broccoli, followed closely by zucchini.
IMG_20190329_095111.jpg
MVIMG_20190329_094846.jpg
IMG_20190214_145132.jpg

Masoud

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
photo_2019-08-29_19-54-58.jpg
photo_2019-08-29_19-50-11.jpg
photo_2019-08-29_19-50-12.jpg
my fav are my goldfishes,they wake me up in the morning with all the splashes they make
i also love my danios,they act like little sharks when they ware waiting for food

gandalf1420

Valued Member
Reaction score
I love feeding my Electric Blue Acara and my jewel cichlid because they’ll literally eat out of my hand. I’ll hold a cube of bloodworms or shrimp in the tank and they swim right up and start eating out of my fingers. It’s so much fun. Their names are Shawn and Gus, Shawn is the EBA because he’s more flamboyant like Shawn from Psych and Gus is the jewel because he’s always following the EBA around.

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My twig cat. If she smells something yummy she hops forward on her belly inch by inch clumsily until she is on top of the food, but misses it and has to start over again lol

Then itd be my loaches and cories because they just go nuts in this mass mess stirring up the sand for their foods.

Brenden

Valued Member
Reaction score
My frogs. By far.

I like to hand feed them, so I stick my hand in the water, and they swim up and nibble the food right out of my hand. Kind of an awesome thing to experience.

You also kinda have to hand feed, cause they have issues locating their pellets and my fish like to steal them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom