What is your favorite cherry shrimp food?

Ssnaaiil

Well Known
What is your go to cherry shrimp food? I know it’s good to feed a variety of things, right now I feed mine blanched veggies and snail pellets looking for something different to add to their diet

Mhamilton0911

Well Known
Mine really like hikari crab cuisine.
IMG_20200805_090153259.jpg

Also I found they really like dried walnut leaves. Probably other leaves too, but the walnut tree is in my yard and I know it's on the safe list. I dry the leaves with an iron and between paper towels.

Sauceboat

I feed mine a home made frozen food made of mixed peas, zucchini, spinach, salmon, and prawns. They all go nuts when I put it in.

Desi

Mine love zucchini and these home made shrimp pellets I bought on aqua bid. I also feed them sinking bug bite pellets and they go nuts over cooked carrot pieces.

JettsPapa

Fishlore VIP
Mine aren't choosy, but I think their favorite is fresh crushed bladder snail. They'll swarm all over one.

OP
Ssnaaiil

Ssnaaiil

Well Known
JettsPapa said:
Mine aren't choosy, but I think their favorite is fresh crushed bladder snail. They'll swarm all over one.
i will have to keep that in mind if in case I get a bladder snail invasion:p

Foxxway

Hikari Crab cuisine pellets are a favorite daily food. I've never tried Bacter AE or the Glasgarten. Anyone had luck with those? I read a review that said their shrimp hated it.
French-cut green beans are a weekly/bi-weekly treat as well.

Sputnik

Foxxway said:
Hikari Crab cuisine pellets are a favorite daily food. I've never tried Bacter AE or the Glasgarten. Anyone had luck with those? I read a review that said their shrimp hated it.
French-cut green beans are a weekly/bi-weekly treat as well.
I’ve found bacter AE is best for the shrimplets- I saw a lot more offspring reaching maturity after I began using it. A little goes a long way though-I use just a small pinch rather than the daily label recommendation). Its purpose is to grow bacteria and microorganisms on surfaces- and it does that really well! I stop when I see a nice layer of aufwuchs on the glass ( I only clean the front). Too much can definitely pollute a tank! I also feed the adults hikari algae wafers, crab cuisine, shrimp cuisine and sera shrimp pellets. I give Glassgarten mineral pearls weekly ( I found it to help prevent molt-related deaths) and I sometimes give vibrabites, fluval bugbites and shrimp lollies as a treat. They go insane for the lollies!:)

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Ssnaaiil said:
What is your go to cherry shrimp food? I know it’s good to feed a variety of things, right now I feed mine blanched veggies and snail pellets looking for something different to add to their diet
Mine love repashy ontop of alot of other foods. Currently this gets fastest reaction up there with cucumber and zucchini
20200831_101948.jpg