What Is Your Dream Betta?

1. LadyButterfly

LadyButterfly New Member Member

My dream betta has always been koi halfmoon plakats ever since I was shown a picture of one. I finally gave in and purchased two males and they'll be here next week. I can't wait! I wouldn't mind having a mustard gas halfmoon plakat one day as well. I love their colourations.

What would you consider your dream betta? Is there a specific type of betta that you prefer to avoid? Do you have a preference between males and females?

2. Goldfish@alma

Goldfish@alma Valued Member Member

I love normal veil tail males. I also love round tail and double tail males as long as they aren't SUPER aggressive. THe crown tails are by far my least favorite

3. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

I love white betas and pastel bettas. I also love black and white bettas. My favourite tail type are spade tails but I also like plakats. I don't like rosetails or any other bettas with really large fins because they are inhumane IMO. I don't like crowntails because I would always worry that they had ripped their tail and I hadn't noticed or had finrot.

Here is my favourite betta ever
    Ace1.jpg
    6676b2a771d3dfde317ea76e2435b0d7-jpg-jpg.jpg

4. OP
    OP
    LadyButterfly

I can see why it's your favorite, he's gorgeous!

5. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

My dream betta beta is the most peaceful betta that won't fight or chase other fish and he is also absolutely gorgeous.

6. B

Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

In general, my dream bettas would be pretty ones that would breed for me.

Looks wise, I have my dream betta. :)

image.jpg

7. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

@Stripe
    He owns one of those bettas. They really are pretty.

8. Flowingfins

Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

My dream bettas are black and white HMPK or HM. I plan on breeding some in the near future.

9. OP
    OP
    LadyButterfly

What a lovely fish! What's his name?

10. Simply Fish

Simply Fish Valued Member Member

11. Tiffany_e97

Tiffany_e97 Valued Member Member

I'd really love an opaque white rosetail dumbo. I'm sure I could source one on the internet and the pricing wouldn't be an issue, I'm just debating if I want to try and keep a betta with that amount of finnage healthy or not.

12. OP
    OP
    LadyButterfly

I've actually never seen a black and white HMPK in person. I'm sure they're lovely. By the way, the fish in your avatar is seriously the cutest. He's very unique.

13. B

Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

Periwinkle. :)

14. KaderTheAnt

KaderTheAnt Well Known Member Member

My dream betta would be a giant dragon scaled betta. I plan on breeding something like this later this year/early next year.

15. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

My dream betta? One that doesn't freak out my extreme case of colorblindness. I like bettas and have owned many, but they make my eyes freak out. I owned a red betta for a few years and thought he was grey until the day he died. Then my sister looked at me, and she was like 'the fish is red, moron.'

16. Flowingfins

Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

I've had a few, they're definitely some of the best looking fish I've owned.
    Thank you! That was Moo, he started out as black and white and slowly changed to that. I can't post the sellers picture, but here's him when he arrived vs two months later.
    5bf51d75cc346d0f75fa9b30c999b8b1.jpg
    50ca264162803e43508bf8e9aa654f49.jpg
    He was hands down my favorite fish I've ever owned, he died of dropsy a few months ago.

17. fransj

fransj Valued Member Member

Its a toss up for me, I really loved Wally, but Michael is growing on me fast

Attached Files:

18. OP
    OP
    LadyButterfly

That names suits him perfectly.

I'm sorry that you lost him. Dropsy is horrible for both the fish and the fish owner to go through.

19. Something Smells Fishy

Something Smells Fishy Valued Member Member

My dream betta is a fish that can do it own water change and also able to cook for me.

20. Shardicle

Shardicle Valued Member Member

Attached Files:

21. KingD

KingD Fishlore VIP Member

My dream betta has to be a platinum white half moon. They're stunning