What is your Betta scared of?

darkcat

So I wanted my betta to see new things and some things, he was scared of. There's not much but here's a list.
Scared of:
Metal spoon
Pencil eraser (red)

Loves/has interest in:
FOOD
tankmates
My finger
A lego statue my Lil brother makes.

Magua

Nothing! I swear he’s the inquisitive puppy of the fish world!!! Though, to be fair, I haven’t tried a metal spoon or eraser! LOL!!

Upvote 0

EntirelyEm

So I wanted my betta to see new things and some things, he was scared of. There's not much but here's a list.
Scared of:
Metal spoon
Pencil eraser (red)

Loves/has interest in:
FOOD
tankmates
My finger
A lego statue my Lil brother makes.
how did you figure out he was scared of pencil erasers lol

Upvote 0

darkcat

I don't know. Once I was doing my HW I brought a pencil and showed it to my betta.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Nothing that i have found yet. They all have been pretty fearless of the cats.

Upvote 0

cdw202x

Various bettas I've had were scared of assorted things. In no particular order:

Floating betta log
box filter
ghost shrimp

On the flip side, the fish seem to love:
red things-- especially legos
green laser pointer
those oil bubble gear things
the Aqueon mini heaters

Upvote 0

Rose of Sharon

The only thing my guy is afraid of is not getting fed! :)

Upvote 0

darkcat

Various bettas I've had were scared of assorted things. In no particular order:

Floating betta log
box filter
ghost shrimp

On the flip side, the fish seem to love:
red things-- especially legos
green laser pointer
those oil bubble gear things
the Aqueon mini heaters
What!! My betta loves the floating log! He also loves to rest on the heater too!

Upvote 0

Basil

Nothing that I’ve noticed although I don’t usually show him different things.
Yesterday I noticed him near where I had dropped some snello for the snails. “Eddie, *what* are you doing down there?!” And he comes flying go to the front of the tank, all flared. Uh huh, mature male hormones at work lol!

Upvote 0

Idkitsathrowaway

Mine HATES being alone. when he sees me,mom, or my cat(Cocoa) he will swim up to greet us and swim in patterns. he LOVES his anubias nana plant always sittin on or under it. we tried to get him tank mates, ya rip those neon tetras. he likes the snail though. he is scared of glass cups though, left over from when we got him he was in a little cup (our pet store actually put him in a bag before we left though.) so we have to keep him in acrylic(like he can tell or something, he just wont get near if he's in a glass tank, may warm up if we put him in one), he sees his reflection in it when we turn the lights off in the room though. also i cant put my hand in the tank for ANYTHINK, he will try to use ME as a hammock, NOT THE LEAFE HAMMOCK I GOT HIM, MY HAND!!!!

Upvote 0

darkcat

Mine actually was resting on the anubias but now he's too big, that he can't go on it and stay there.

Upvote 0

AggressiveAquatics

Nothing with mine. I can stick my hand in the tank right next to him and it doesn’t faze him one bit

Upvote 0

FoldedCheese

So far nothing. His favorite things to look at seem to be highlighters and the cat. The tank is right beside my desk so when I see him interested in me I'll sometimes wiggle my fingers at him and he just keeps staring at me. lol

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
FoldedCheese
Replies
Views
Subha92
  • Question
Replies
Views