What is your best recipe for biscuits. Please.

Frank the Fish guy

Member
I love a good biscuit.

But I must confess I struggle.

I imagine the perfect biscuit but I just can't make it happen in the kitchen. And I do try!

This biscuit I imagine is soft, almost fluffy in the middle, but golden and crunchy on the outside.

I put honey on it and it is like heaven.

It has a certain flavor that compliments the honey. Buttery, flour, buttermilk, but in the right balance.

The KFC biscuit is good, but it is too greasy.


Pleas help.

Share your secret biscuit recipe. I promise I will bake it and post back with my comments, and award the trophy to the best.

Thank You
 
Best Answer - View Lakefish's answer

StarGirl

Member
The Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits are really good. You can even get a mix at the store.
 

DarkOne

Member
StarGirl said:
The Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits are really good. You can even get a mix at the store.
I haven't been to a Red Lobster in over 10 yrs but the only thing I missed was their biscuits. I missed them so much I had to look it up online and found some recipes so I decided to try to make some.

2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbspn baking powder
1 tspn salt
1/2 tspn garlic powder
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup butter
1 large egg
2 tbspn melted butter.

  • Step 1
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a baking sheet.
  • Step 2
    Combine flour, Cheddar cheese, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder in a bowl.
  • Step 3
    Combine milk, 1/3 cup butter, and egg in a separate bowl. Mix into the flour mixture until chunky; be careful not to over-mix the batter.
  • Step 4
    Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
  • Step 5
    Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Brush melted butter on top and continue baking until golden brown, about 5 minutes more.
I also made some corn bread.
 

StarGirl

Member
DarkOne said:
I haven't been to a Red Lobster in over 10 yrs but the only thing I missed was their biscuits. I missed them so much I had to look it up online and found some recipes so I decided to try to make some.

2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbspn baking powder
1 tspn salt
1/2 tspn garlic powder
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup butter
1 large egg
2 tbspn melted butter.

  • Step 1
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a baking sheet.
  • Step 2
    Combine flour, Cheddar cheese, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder in a bowl.
  • Step 3
    Combine milk, 1/3 cup butter, and egg in a separate bowl. Mix into the flour mixture until chunky; be careful not to over-mix the batter.
  • Step 4
    Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
  • Step 5
    Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Brush melted butter on top and continue baking until golden brown, about 5 minutes more.
I also made some corn bread.
Were they the same though? The mix is almost exact!
 

DarkOne

Member
StarGirl said:
Were they the same though? The mix is almost exact!
Yep. I ended up eating the whole batch in one sitting by myself!
 

Lakefish

Member
A good biscuit is indeed a taste of heaven.
I like the recipe from the “Company’s Coming” book. All the fat in it makes them very moist inside. makes a small batch so they won’t have a chance to get stale.

1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter or hard margarine
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup grated cheddar, if you want
Mix it all up in the usual way. Roll or pat down to 3/4” thickness and cut into circles. Bake on ungreased pan at 450F for about twelve minutes.
 
  • Thread Starter

Frank the Fish guy

Member
Thankyou Lakefish and DarkOne. Am making these for folks this weekend. They both look yummy!
Will let you know how I do. I will try not to butcher your recipes.
 
  • Thread Starter

Frank the Fish guy

Member
I made DarkOne's biscuits today and they were wonderful.

I made Ham ala King with garden green beans and crook neck squash, and we put it over the biscuits.

These biscuits are very flavorful. Very light in the center, golden crispy outside.
 
  • Thread Starter

Frank the Fish guy

Member
Lakefish, thank you for the biscuit recipe. The biscuits are just as I had imagined the biscuits of my dreams!
Flavorful, crispy on the outside, fluffy in the center.

Everyone here says these are a big step up from my usual biscuits.

We also loved DarlOne's. Those biscuits are great for putting food over and I would prefer them for that. But Lakefish biscuits are good by themselves, or with some jam.

I left out the cheese.

I have 2 new recipe cards in my box! Thank you.

Aquarium people seem to understand each other.
 

Lakefish

Member
Lol. Awesome, glad you liked them! That cookbook is the one I use most often (which maybe isn't saying much given how little I cook .
 

StarGirl

Member
I got these today cuz of Ya'll...lol
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom