What Is Your Best __________? | Page 2

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Zerologist, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

1. I had some really nice rock kribs like I already mentioned, but I like my rainbow cichlid the best (my avatar).
    2. I don't really do plants, but I have a really nice anubias that has grown a ton.
    3. I just have LEDs.
    4. My Aqueon filter, I guess.....
    5. I created a cave out of rocks, I guess that is my best? lol
    6. I have 3, a 55, a 20, and a 10.

2. OP
    OP
    Zerologist

ZerologistWell Known MemberMember

Okay. Thanks!!!

3. Ed204

Ed204Well Known MemberMember

1). I absolutely enjoy watching my group of Silver Dollars. All 5 of them are in a 135 gallon with some larger cichlids.
    2). I don't keep plants anymore because my Severum eats them and my Blood Parrots destroy them. But I enjoyed keeping Java Fern and Amazon Swords
    3). Never really bought lighting separately from my tanks all my lighting came with the tanks.
    4). All the equipment already came with the tank (135 gallon). Except the gravel vacuum which is a MarineLand Gravel Vaccum.
    5). I like my Tetra Cotta Pots and Spiderwood the most. The both serve as hiding spots for my big guys.
    6).
    2.5 Gallon Fancy Crowntail Betta
    10 Gallon, currently working on it. I'm going to house a single male Apisto Agassizii in it.
    40 gallon 4 Male Yellow Labs
    55 gallon- Gave it away to my niece lol.
    135 gallon- 3 YoYo Loaches, 1 Synodontis Eupterus, 1 FireMouth cichlid, 1 Gold Severum, 2 Blood Parrots and 5 silver dollars.

4. tyguy7760

tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

1. My favorite fish that I've got right now would be a hard choice between Apollo my gold severum (he's in my 75), my dojo loaches (also in my 75), and Max my dominant Male Sajica cichlid (in my 55 right now)

2. My favorite plant would be pretty close between anacharis (simply for it's low maintenance requirements) and anubias nana (pretty little bullet proof plant)

3. I'm a fan of the off brand AQUANEAT on ebay. Thanks to @bizaliz3

4. Hands down the best equipment I've got are my 2 sunsun canisters. So easy and reliable.

5. DRIFTWOOD. I love me some driftwood in my tanks. Got lots of pieces and I have a hard time not picking up more when i see someone is getting rid of them cheap

6. 4 aquariums right now. 75 gallon, 55 gallon, 40 gallon breeder, and 35 gallon tall. But the 40 breeder is not running or set up right now. I soon will be downsizing to 2 tanks so the 55 and 35 will be eliminated once the 40 is set up.

5. vikingkirken

vikingkirkenWell Known MemberMember

1. My guianacara owroewefi are my favorite fish right now. I love watching them interact with their environment and the other fish.

2. Crypt undulata, it is easy, lush, beautiful colors, and my fish don't try to eat it!

3. All I have is a shop light on my big tank, and stock with my others. I'm hoping for a Finnex Planted+ 24/7 eventually.

4. My windowbox overhead sump, based on Joey's video (King of DIY). Keeps my nitrates very very low!

5. Large rocks I collected from my yard that form the planted island of my 55.

6. Just went up to 6. I keep fighting the MTS battle and losing. My 55g is my main tank. My sons have a 20g tall, and my two daughters have 2.5g betta tanks. Then there's the 5g which is soon becoming a greenwater culture for the fry we hope to raise in the 20g long I just picked up.

6. OP
    OP
    Zerologist

Thank you for responding guys!!! Fishlore is a great help!!!

7. Fishboy321

Fishboy321Valued MemberMember

1) Parrot fish cichlid, 125 gallon
    2)pink flamingo crypt
    3)N/A
    4) fluval canister
    5) real driftwood
    6) 3, just got rid of some yesterday, a 125, a 20, and a 5

Is one dyed, DO NOT BUY DIED FISH

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  8. OP
    OP
    Zerologist

what were the sizes of the aquariums you got rid of?

9. Fish tank

Fish tankValued MemberMember

10. Demeter

DemeterFishlore VIPMember

I'm breeding a couple African lines ATM but I also have seven bettas. I've tried breeding the male plakat but he is super agressive, he's torn up 3 different girls so I think I need to give up on him. I'm also very slowly getting into BN plecos. I've been trying to get a female, but now I have 2 males and a juvenile that needs to grow a bit more before I can guess it's gender. Might as well have a BN for each of the 20gal+ tanks ;)

11. grantm91

grantm91Fishlore VIPMember

To my knowledge none of them are dyed, BUT THANKS FOR THE ADVICE.

12. Fishboy321

Fishboy321Valued MemberMember

Lol, the one looks purple, Parrot fish don't come in purple

13. grantm91

grantm91Fishlore VIPMember

Its a big fat red female that appears purple under my blue and pink t5 tubes

14. Platylover

PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

1. Tough one... would have to be Keshet(5.5g) my betta or my buenos aires tetra(65g) Flash Bang
    2. Jungle val
    3. Finnex 24/7 planted plus
    4. A window/door
    5. Manzanita wood
    6. 7 up and running, one 5.5g, one 6g, two 10g, one 29g, and one 65g[/QUOTE]

15. MommaWilde

MommaWildeWell Known MemberMember

1. Best Fish: this is a really hard question.
    My favorite fish ever is Panda Corydoras, but any cories are great. I have 3 different types in different tanks.
    My school of 10 pandas are in a 55 gallon tank.
    Other best fish are smaller species of Plecos and various South American cichlids.

2. Best Plant: any kind of Anubias. I have tried many types of plants with simple led lights, fancier leds and t8 lights and with/without fertilizers. Anubias have been the easiest and most hardy plants for me. And the look great.

3. Best Light: it depends what you can afford but for me I like my satellite leds on timers. I can set the lighting as light or dark as I want and adjust the whites/blues and they have cloud cover and storm settings. Also they weren't crazy expensive.

4. Best Equipment: I love my FX6 canister and the Eheim heaters. Just good quality and easy to use/clean. For smaller tanks I like the Aqueon Quiet Flow and Aquaclear HOB filters.

5. Best Decorations: pool filter sand, mopani wood, large-ish rounded river rocks, ceramic caves (the man-man cichlid stones are nice but expensive).

6. How Many Aquariums: the most I had was 10 at one time but I had to consolidate. I currently have 5.
    135 g
    65 g
    55 g
    29 g
    15 g

Quarantine: 20 g long

546d4597820985e0747ddf0b16d86177.jpg

e0c4b84750172e0cfd46c0b39df6e6cb.jpg

4c7efe99f4a0c73d6d850820edd2d1db.jpg