Help What Is Wrong With This Honey Gourami? Can Anyone Help?

DebinOz

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
IMG_2325.JPG
I recently moved this fish from a 180L community tank to a 60L smaller community as it was nipping the fins of an angelfish (the angelfish has now passed on from an unidentified disease, possibly infection from fin nipping). Within a couple of days the dark spot appeared on the scales. A few days later the fish began flashing. Two more days and it is sitting on the bottom, not feeding or swimming around. I am going away for a few days on Tuesday and would really like to know what to do with this fish in the hope it doesn’t affect the others in the tank. The tank contains guppies, bumblebee Goby, neons, and an albino bristlenose. Thanks for any ideas....

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks like an injury to me. Down from the missing scales does it look red like blood underneath or is just me?

DebinOz

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks David, it could be, perhaps he got bumped in the move... Goldfishexpert, I don’t think it is him maturing. He has already gone through that. When he was in with the females in the other tank he got his “beard” on, and it is in a completely different place, and looks much blacker than this spot.

goldfishexpert

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks David, it could be, perhaps he got bumped in the move... Goldfishexpert, I don’t think it is him maturing. He has already gone through that. When he was in with the females in the other tank he got his “beard” on, and it is in a completely different place, and looks much blacker than this spot.
Oh it already matured, injury then

Heathen

Valued Member
Reaction score
Check to make sure he doesn't have any body lice or anything like that, or parasites in general. Make sure fecals are good, parameters are good and that the tank he came from is similar in parameters to the tank he went to. If there was a swing in anything he could be in a bit of shock and needs to adjust. Other than that, it does look like a missing scale perhaps from scraping against something and may feel irritated. API Stress Coat can help with this, along with clean, warm, healthy water.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom