What is wrong with my Yellow Lab Cichlid Help

1. CichildFan Initiate Member

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me what I'm dealing with? The rest of my cichlids are in good shape. I have attached two pictures.

Water parameters are Ammonia:0 Nitrite:0 pH:8.0 Nitrate:10 Temp:78

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Is there any chance you could post larger pics? I can't really see it too well, looks like it might be some kind of injury. Have you noticed your other fish picking on this one?

3. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I agree with harpua...it looks like hes being bullied..what size tank is he in and what other fish are in there? your aquarium information doesnt have any cichlids listed...if you update it, that would help allot!

4. CichildFan Initiate Member

Hi Shawnie,

I still have to update my aquarium information. I have a 55gal Mbuna tank with 4x yellow lab, 4x Acei and 4x Rusty cichlids. I got them all at the same time and they are all between 2 - 2.5 inches. I didn;t notice anyone picking on him specifically.

I'm attaching larger pics.

Thanks,
    Riaan

Attached Files:

5. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

it almost looks like a bruise injury from banging into something maybe? whats the water parimeters in the tank right now? I hope he gets better!! and if it were me, id isolate him and target feed him some food with garlic soaked into it ....

6. CichildFan Initiate Member

Hi Shawnie,

Sad to say that he didn't make it. :-( Should have started some treatment earlier.

My water parameters are Ammonia:0 Nitrite:0 Nitrate:20 pH: 8.0 KH:7 GH:16

Thank you very much to all the members that always reply to questions. The other forums don't even bother to reply to some questions.

Enjoy the last bit of 2009!