What is wrong with my snail?

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Bellusion, Aug 2, 2015.

1. BellusionValued MemberMember

My snail was a beautiful ivory color and now he is turning grey on the tip and his color is fading.

I've googled, but can't find anything.

What is wrong with him and how do I fix it?

Thanks

rsz_20150802_112358[1].jpg

2. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Is that a mystery snail? Bijou88 might be able to help.

3. Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

The gray on the tip I think is normal, some of mine have that as well. If all of his shell is turning slightly gray he might not be getting enough calcium. Try putting a cuttlebone in the tank and feeding fresh veggies that are high in calcium.

I'm not entirely sure why they change colors, one of my ivory snails turned slightly pink along his back, lol. No idea why. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. BellusionValued MemberMember

20150802_155801[1].jpg20150802_112416[1].jpg

I was told that it was a mystery snail, but I'm not an expert. I've only had him for a few days (a week maybe?). He was given to me by someone who didn't want him.

5. BellusionValued MemberMember

Thank you for the reply, we were posting at the same time. :) I do have some cuttlebone in the tank, I will try the fresh veggies. Glad to hear he is probably okay!

6. Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

It looks like a mystery snail to me. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice