What is wrong with my shimp?! Upsidedown?

Paigefav

Hello I have a yellow neocardina shrimp and I noticed him swimming all over the tank but he can't stay upright when he is swimming. It seems when he tries to swim his legs are stuff and he can't move them that well. Then he landed on the bottom of the tank upsidedown and he was just moving his swimmers and wouldn't stop. Does anyone know what is wrong???

richiep

I think I can just make out that he's having a faild molt which will result in death

Paigefav

I think I can just make out that he's having a faild molt which will result in death
Oh no poor guy :( how are you able to tell? Like what were u looking for, also how did this happen is there any way I can prevent it?

richiep

At the end of the carapace theres a gap to the first pleura which is on the back, i think I can see this gap
If you look close you can see a very light part

Paigefav

At the end of the carapace theres a gap to the first pleura which is on the back, i think I can see this gap
If you look close you can see a very light part
Can you show me with these pictures? I think they are a bit better and I can't make out what you are seeing

richiep

Is that the same shrimp as the gap dosnt exist, if that's the case its something else

Paigefav

Is that the same shrimp as the gap dosnt exist, if that's the case its something else
Yes this is the same one, he is just laying on his side at the bottom of the tank

richiep

Whan did you put them in the tank

Paigefav

Whan did you put them in the tank
A few weeks ago, they all seem fine except this one and some that weren't berries at the store became berried recently

richiep

Tbh I can't see anything wrong with him
Do you have fish in there that could be attacking them

Paigefav

Tbh I can't see anything wrong with him
Do you have fish in there that could be attacking them
I have glofish tetra and glofish danios, I made sure to put alot of live and artificial plants and hiding spots for them. Even now he is laying on the bottom of the tank none of my fish are bothering him. Also have a bn pleco. I haven't seen any of my fish bother any of my shrimp

richiep

Your bn may have landed on him and damaged him

Paigefav

Your bn may have landed on him and damaged him
Oh okay, do you think it's okay to leave him for now, he didn't have anything to affect the rest my shrimp?

richiep

Theres no disease i can see so if it dies leave him in the tank for the others to eat

Paigefav

Theres no disease i can see so if it dies leave him in the tank for the others to eat
Okay :( thankyou for your help!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
tjander
  • Question
Replies
Views
Seasoldier
Replies
Views
Duckyn