What is wrong with my nerite snail? HELP!!

Goghtherosetail

I just came home from a walk and when I left, my nerite snail was completely okay and sleeping. his trap door was flat and he was healthy looking and good. I just came home and my nerite snail is on the glass like this, and I don't know what to do? I have no idea what the white string is, I have no idea why my snail is contorted this way, and I don't know how to help. I read dead snails can't stick to glass, but his trap door isn't up? I'm just really confused at whats going on and I need all the help I can get. I've tried to feed them blanched cucumber multiple times as well but they won't eat it at all.

water parameters:
pH: 6.8 (I use Seachem Neutral Regulator - base level of water is 6)

ammonia: 0 ppm but getting green

nitrite: 0 ppm

nitrate: 0 ppm

GH: 30 ppm
KH: 80 ppm

I cleaned my tank yesterday and dosed .4 ml of Seachem Flourish , and I don't know if its the Flourish because I've dosed my tank before and he was okay? I've had them at least 3 weeks and their only tank mate is a betta, but my betta leaves the snail alone.
thank you in advance i am so worried ☹

Attachments

• C6C4E059-0542-4029-8BFA-DC69421D7334.jpeg
    C6C4E059-0542-4029-8BFA-DC69421D7334.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 43

thefishn00b

Maybe he is pooping?

Upvote 0

Ssnaaiil

Looks like poop to me. I have some nerites and mystery’s that get some funky looking poop

Upvote 0

Goghtherosetail

Maybe he is pooping?
I was reading that sometimes poop can look this way and be weird, so maybe? I never have seen this in my tank or on/near my snail. I might wait and see if it ‘disappears’ and if not maybe remove it gently with tweezers ?

Upvote 0

Goghtherosetail

Looks like poop to me. I have some nerites and mystery’s that get some funky looking poop
I was reading that snail poop can be really weird and strange like this. This is my first nerite snail so I am still learning what is okay and what isn’t. I just got worried seeing my snail like this. I try to feed him blanched cucumber pieces but my snail is never interested enough to eat it lol. They also have damage to their shell somehow and I don’t know how to fix it or how it happened my betta usually leaves the snail alone. The way my snail is sitting though is also okay right?? Is it just being a weirdo?

Upvote 0

thefishn00b

I was reading that snail poop can be really weird and strange like this. This is my first nerite snail so I am still learning what is okay and what isn’t. I just got worried seeing my snail like this. I try to feed him blanched cucumber pieces but my snail is never interested enough to eat it lol. They also have damage to their shell somehow and I don’t know how to fix it or how it happened my betta usually leaves the snail alone. The way my snail is sitting though is also okay right?? Is it just being a weirdo?
Wait ill get someone more knowledgeable for the snails. Ssnaaiil

Upvote 0

Ssnaaiil

My snails sit weird sometimes, just them being silly. I wouldn’t worry yourself

Upvote 0

Dennis57

Your snail is fine, no need to worry.

Upvote 0

Goghtherosetail

update: my nerite moved and closed the trapdoor and righted itself. the long white string also fell into the bottom of the tank, as seen in the photo, but I still have no idea what it was. also, are the small holes on the trap door normal? I just barely noticed them and am just super worried about my snail also any tips for shell damage ? don't know how that happened either but don't want my snail to suffer

My snails sit weird sometimes, just them being silly. I wouldn’t worry yourself
They are some silly creatures for sure. The first night I had my snail, they flipped upside down and was sucking on a rock! I thought that it was so funny and just righted them and the snail ended up being fine and zoomed around the tank lol. I just looked and my snail righted itself and closed the trap door all the way. The white long thing fell off as well and is on my substrate. I posted an update at the bottom of the forum!
Thank you for all your help

Your snail is fine, no need to worry.
Good to know! That makes me feel better, thank you ❤️

Attachments

• 4F35517A-2B07-406D-A14B-6DF39686FEAD.jpeg
    4F35517A-2B07-406D-A14B-6DF39686FEAD.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 27
Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Debbie1986