What is wrong with my guppy’s stomach!!??

Ssnaaiil

Pretty sure this is a female guppy(analfin shape indicates it’s a female, but I haven’t noticed a gravid spot) anyways this guppy’s stomach has been bloated/big like this for 3 days now, haven’t fed the tank at all. What is the problem with its stomach?

C2011C6F-0B08-436F-B308-5D339E7723FF.jpeg
7C8BE6DE-2870-4AB6-B846-6D81928BC884.jpeg
E28C5E49-FAA4-4347-A32D-50EB90034F2F.jpeg

StarGirl

Looks like a female. Looks very bloated. What is that string hanging out of the anus? Does it look like a worm or stringy poo?

Ssnaaiil

Looks like a female. Looks very bloated. What is that string hanging out of the anus? Does it look like a worm or stringy poo?
I think it’s stringy poo. My fish get that when they don’t get fed for a couple days

StarGirl

Do you have some Epsom salt? Try giving her a dip or bath. It is supposed to relieve fluid retention.

Ssnaaiil

Do you have some Epsom salt? Try giving her a dip or bath. It is supposed to relieve fluid retention.
Ok. I will look that up and try to catch her. She’s in a 55g densely planted tank with other tank mates. Lol

StarGirl

It could very well be some kind of internal parasites also. I have no idea about that though.

Ssnaaiil

UPDATE: fish is in epsom salt bath now, I will continue this twice a day for a few days and see if anything improves.

Ssnaaiil

so far there has only been a little improvement (if any at all) in her belly swelling, im hoping with more time and continued epsom salt baths that she will improve…

StarGirl

Did you try any frozen daphnia yet? I dont think it is looking good for your girl after this long. A201 any ideas?

A201

If the possibility of pregnancy is ruled out, the Guppy might have an intestinal obstruction, causing Bloat. In that case the Epsom dips are the way to go.
If the stringy object is still hanging out of the Guppy's backside, then the problem might be intestinal parasites. In that case Prazipro would be a good choice.

Mindelo

that's a female, and it looks like dropsy

Ssnaaiil

She doesn’t look to have a gravid spot/pregnancy, no stringy poo from her. I’ve been doing epsom salt baths once or twice a day, I have freeze dried daphnia, should I try that?

StarGirl

She doesn’t look to have a gravid spot/pregnancy, no stringy poo from her. I’ve been doing epsom salt baths once or twice a day, I have freeze dried daphnia, should I try that?
You could try it, Is she pine coning at all? Kinda looks like dropsy to me also.

Ssnaaiil

You could try it, Is she pine coning at all? Kinda looks like dropsy to me also.
She is so light colored, it’s hard to tell, but she might be pineconing a little bit.

StarGirl

It is easiest to see from the top looking down.

A201

You might try feeding New Life Spectrum Thera +A. The tiny pellets are heavily laced with garlic & might help with intestinal issues.
I feed it daily to my fish.
Remember, Dropsy isn't a disease. It's a symptom of an underlying health problem.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Dakotapretki
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
emeraldking
  • Mlaisure
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
Gypsy13
Replies