What Is Wrong With My Fish??!?

Brentley Johnson

IMG_2096.JPG

Jesterrace
Can you shoot a short video of it so we can see it in action? What else do you have in the tank.

AquaticJ
Looks like a classic Lymphocystis wart.

Brentley Johnson
I have a diamond back goby, porcupine puffer, 2 clowns(counting the on in the vid), and a small damsel. He/she eats normal... in the video he rushed to my hand. Parameters are good.

It keeps rejecting my video. But the fish is one of the most active in my tank and always comes to me when I walk into the room

DoubleDutch
I think it is Lymphocystis

Edited : Oops missed AJ's post

Brentley Johnson
Does it go away naturally or do I need to do something. Besides water changes?

Jesterrace
Brentley Johnson said:
I have a diamond back goby, porcupine puffer, 2 clowns(counting the on in the vid), and a small damsel. He/she eats normal... in the video he rushed to my hand. Parameters are good.
After further research I concur with AquaticJ.

angelcraze
Brentley Johnson said:
Does it go away naturally or do I need to do something. Besides water changes?
A fish can live a normal life with the virus, it can occur and reoccur at any time for the life of the fish. Stressful conditions may increase the likelyhood of a breakout. It is not usually considered life threatening unless the warts affect vitals in a detrimental way. The wart can be external or internal and are considered cosmetic.

The rest of the inhabitants in the tank also have the virus though. It is a virus. It will always be there until all the inhabitants die and tank is sterilized with bleach. Sorry to break it to you, but ask me how I know all this. I have a permanent Lymphocystis QT tank in my spare bedroom away from all my other tanks because of it. But that's because I sell fish on occasion, if it was my own stock, I might just keep all conditions and params spot on and keep the fish's immune up to keep outbreaks away.

AquaticJ

Give this a read, some fish it can kill them (like freshwater Ram cichlids), others it can’t. Currently saving for a microscope so I can study this disease in Rams. It’s a big problem with them. Not so much Clowns.

Top Bottom