what is wrong with my fish?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Videos' started by v.tewell, Dec 30, 2012.

1. v.tewellValued MemberMember

[video=youtube;A1fV3_UGayg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1fV3_UGayg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

2. GordinianWell Known MemberMember

What are his tankmates? What are the water parameters?

It looks like how a fish might react with high ammonia/nitrites/nitrates. Is your tank cycled? I'd definitely do a large water change asap.

3. Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

Agree with above post. Take out some water for testing and immediately double-dose prime. Then perform a 50% water change and post parameter results.

4. v.tewellValued MemberMember

1 bolivian ram
    1 platy
    2 Orange swordtails

checked water peramparameters last week and all was well . he will get up and start swimming normal, then he will flip on his side and fall to bottom of the tank, like In the video . the other fish seem fine .

5. grfresconeroValued MemberMember

It look`s bad.See if you can read up on the type of fish you got and their water cond..,then give them the perimeter `s they need.Maybe some drift wood to soften the water & bacteria culture drop,but ask at your local f/s.

6. GordinianWell Known MemberMember

What were the exact numbers? Personally, I don't like nitrates above 40. Plus, livebearers can be messy and produce a lot of nitrates- even if params were perfect a week ago, they probably aren't anymore. (it's best to do weekly water changes anyways).

I'd strongly suggest doing a water change soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice