Experience
2 years

FishGeek117

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
sfsamm said:
Looks like poops to me. Glory of a white sand tank, you see everything.
I’m just perplexed how quickly it comes back after I clean it... but then again my Platties and snails poop quite a bit. But still that much in a few hours after a water change. I feed sparingly as well. I am suspecting wether they could be detritus worms. I also have a brown algae problem (why I got the nerites) it’s all just not adding up.

sfsamm

Well Known Member
Reaction score
FishGeek117 said:
I’m just perplexed how quickly it comes back after I clean it... but then again my Platties and snails poop quite a bit. But still that much in a few hours after a water change. I feed sparingly as well. I am suspecting wether they could be detritus worms. I also have a brown algae problem (why I got the nerites) it’s all just not adding up.
Platy and nerites poop constantly. Detritus worms are white and about as big around as a hair.

sfsamm

Well Known Member
Reaction score
FishGeek117 said:
So I’m guessing everything is ok except that it is unsightly?
Totally good. And even if it were detritus worms, which it's not, they are entirely harmless and really nothing to worry about. Most of the time they occur when maintenance has been slack and getting it all lined out cures them. Just another way of nature keeping things in check.

FishGeek117

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
sfsamm said:
Totally good. And even if it were detritus worms, which it's not, they are entirely harmless and really nothing to worry about. Most of the time they occur when maintenance has been slack and getting it all lined out cures them. Just another way of nature keeping things in check.
IMG_1927.jpg

Woke up this morning to a whole lot of what looks like fish and snail poop. is this much normal. I honestly can’t wait till I go with a darker substrate

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom