What Is This?

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have some in my tank too. Mainly in the gravel. Not sure yet if mine is a leech or not. Will get pics when my vet comes by to check my bbs. He’s going to look through a microscope at the wiggly thing. He’s coming tomorrow. I’ll let you know.

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
If bloodworms are left uneaten in the tank they get clear like that, I’ve seen it.

Shibabae

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
CanadianFishFan said:
is it moveing?
Yea, it was swimming in the water like a snake but faster. I'm wondering if there's more like that in my tank making my betta act weird (ie. leaning to the side, mouth partially open)

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Shibabae said:
Yea, it was swimming in the water like a snake but faster. I'm wondering if there's more like that in my tank making my betta act weird (ie. leaning to the side, mouth partially open)
Mine turned out to be a plant leech. Thanks again hubby.
How long has the Betta been doing this? Have pics?

Shibabae

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Gypsy13 said:
Mine turned out to be a plant leech. Thanks again hubby.
How long has the Betta been doing this? Have pics?
He sits on the moss ball (or on betta leaf) and leans against the side of the tank with his mouth partially open like that. He's been doing it for about two weeks.
I am most worried about the tilting to the side because he swims fine. Could he just be lazy?
21671C23-E49F-48C3-A58C-48D53F3A441C.jpeg

- Tank is cycled.
- Water temp at 86 cause I saw some white dots and thought it could be ick
- I only feed as much as he can eat, so I feed one pellet (soaked) at a time until he stops eating
- I use Indian almond leaves a long with API stress coat (he makes bubble nests, which I know means he's happy but he still acts weird sometimes)
-20% partial water changes every week
- I did put some shrimps around the same time, but he killed all but 2 (still alive in tank)

Shibabae

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Gypsy13 said:
How often do you test your water?
I use the Tetra Easystrips every week. I also have the API Freshwater testkit but I use that like once a month.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom