What Is This?????

Tina881

Reaction score
What is this thing on my gold barb? I am trying to do so much research but i do not know. It's on the nose. She was very active and would not hold still. I hope you can see it. Her fin also is a bit red

Attachments

Tony M

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
She might have been startled and crashed into something. If so it will heal. If it’s a growth, I don’t think there’s much you can do.

Tina881

Reaction score
I was able to separate her and get her out of the 75 gallon much to the ..... trauma and panic of everyone else in there. if it's not contagious, i would rather not isolate her. What do you think i should do? Can i put her back in? The growth does not appear to be a fungus. it's the pigment of the rest of her. i did research for a good portion of yesterday and can't find anything on it.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi It may be a tumor or growth, doesn't appear to be a fungus to me.
Does she still act normally? Eating, swimming, and activity?

Tina881

Reaction score
Yes, she's doing fine. She is super active. she and her crew (i have 8 of them total) were playing in the filter spraybar last night like they were dancing.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Tina881 said:
Yes, she's doing fine. She is super active. she and her crew (i have 8 of them total) were playing in the filter spraybar last night like they were dancing.
I really wouldn't worry too much, unless she suddenly shows any signs of problems.

Tina881

Reaction score
thank you for your help everyone! I will stop traumatizing her and put her back with her crew. i'll watch her closely and see what happens.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom