What Is This? Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Ioana Dog, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Ioana Dog

Ioana DogValued MemberMember

What plant is this and what type of care does it need. I was told it was medium light and put it in substrate but it’s dying when the amazon swords in the same tank and growing like crazy. Can I leave it floating until roots grow then try planting again? Should I use root tabs (I have flourish tabs but not sure if it’s the same). Thank you!!

2. JoeCamaro

JoeCamaroWell Known MemberMember

You forgot to attach the photo.

3. OP
    OP
    Ioana Dog

Image1524491966.030613.jpg

Oh boy, it’s going to be one of those days. Thanks!!

4. Smalltownfishfriend

SmalltownfishfriendWell Known MemberMember

I have one like that.. it was labeled as mint Charlie...

5. Rtessy

RtessyFishlore VIPMember

6. Ryan P

Ryan PValued MemberMember

Yeah looks like Moneywwort to me. I've had that in the past and what I did is I had it floating until I see good roots on them before planting it on my substrate. and I plant it mildly and not really deep

7. OP
    OP
    Ioana Dog

I have moneywort but it doesn’t have the little flowers like this one

8. Ryan P

did you get them on the same place? It could be adapting on the new environment. some plants are grown immersed rather than submerged so growth would be different then converts afterwards

9. OP
    OP
    Ioana Dog

This is the moneywort I got from the same place that came in 2 shipments before the new plant. I think this one has algae on it so I got otos for this tank. IMG_1466.JPG

10. Ryan P

Yeah could be converting, or possibly a type of bacopa as well? Now I'm not sure lol

11. Rtessy

RtessyFishlore VIPMember

I'm not so great at identifying most plants, but I recently bought moneywort and it had those flowers on it too, looks pretty identical to me

12. DuaneV

DuaneVWell Known MemberMember

Bacopa monnieri, aka Moneywort. Like a lot of perennials it will flower when it grows out of the water.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice