What Is This?

Ioana Dog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What plant is this and what type of care does it need. I was told it was medium light and put it in substrate but it’s dying when the amazon swords in the same tank and growing like crazy. Can I leave it floating until roots grow then try planting again? Should I use root tabs (I have flourish tabs but not sure if it’s the same). Thank you!!

Ioana Dog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What plant is this and what type of care does it need. I was told it was medium light and put it in substrate but it’s dying when the amazon swords in the same tank and growing like crazy. Can I leave it floating until roots grow then try planting again? Should I use root tabs (I have flourish tabs but not sure if it’s the same). Thank you!!
Image1524491966.030613.jpg

You forgot to attach the photo.
Oh boy, it’s going to be one of those days. Thanks!!

Ioana Dog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yeah looks like Moneywwort to me. I've had that in the past and what I did is I had it floating until I see good roots on them before planting it on my substrate. and I plant it mildly and not really deep
I have moneywort but it doesn’t have the little flowers like this one

Ryan P

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have moneywort but it doesn’t have the little flowers like this one
did you get them on the same place? It could be adapting on the new environment. some plants are grown immersed rather than submerged so growth would be different then converts afterwards

Ioana Dog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
did you get them on the same place? It could be adapting on the new environment. some plants are grown immersed rather than submerged so growth would be different then converts afterwards
This is the moneywort I got from the same place that came in 2 shipments before the new plant. I think this one has algae on it so I got otos for this tank.
IMG_1466.JPG

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I'm not so great at identifying most plants, but I recently bought moneywort and it had those flowers on it too, looks pretty identical to me

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bacopa monnieri, aka Moneywort. Like a lot of perennials it will flower when it grows out of the water.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom