OK thanks for the answerBluMan1914 said:It's normal, don't worry about it. If it bothers you, simply reboil the wood, or just rinse it under hot water. 8f you have snails, they may eat it.
Not sure what kind of driftwood you have, but I can tell you that I get on my Spiderwood every so often, but never on my Malaysian Driftwood.
Wow this is super useful! Would you recommend mystery snail?Tiny_Tanganyikans said:As mentioned its normal. Soft woods like "spider wood" grape wood etc get this mold/fungus on intial soaking. I have the best results with it not returning by letting it go for 2 weeks. The whole piece of wood will be covered and once the white gunk starts to detach on its own I remove it and wipe it off. It's harmless to the livestock, my plecos, snails, and butterfly loaches will eat it and they're all healthy and well. If you don't let it run its course it will periodically return every time a new piece of wood is exposed.