What is this

1. joiakimfish Member Member

2. Jaystank Member Member

It's hard to tell from the video where is it hanging from@

3. joiakimfish Member Member

It next to it's lower finWe'll it seems to be gone or I just can't see it so I'm guessing it was poop (never seen any of my fish go) so I panicked worrying about parasites

4. Jaystank Member Member

Yeah thays probably all is was lol

5. Zed Initiate Member

Thats fish poop. When it's white/clear and stringy it can mean that your fish is infected with parasites.

6. joiakimfish Member Member

Hmm so it's possible it's infected ... One of my RET died 3 days after purches

7. Aichmalotizo Well Known Member Member

White stringy "poop" like that is actually the fish shedding the mucus lining of its intestines, and is pretty much always a sign of internal parasites. I would begin feeding with medicated flakes, and hope it's not camalanus

8. joiakimfish Member Member

We'll :( this sucks do you know any good medicine that would help

9. Aichmalotizo Well Known Member Member

Peabody's paradise sells really good medicated flakes, I used their levimasole flakes in conjuction with powdered levimasole to kill some camalanus worms. I'm now in the last stages of watching and making sure the infection is clear. http://www.peabodysparadise.com/fish-foodfish-meds.html a list of the meds. The links are broken, so here is a link to their shop page as well.http://david-lawsons-store1.mybigcommerce.com/dry-goods/medicated-flakes/ they have apparently added a get all 6 flake types at once option, for the samw price. Kinda sad this wasn't their a few weeks ago
    On an added note, is this the same tank with the rope fish? Could explain why he isn't eating. You might want to also get something like panacur, a dog dewormer, and look up how to soak what you feed him in a medicine/garlic mix, as I doubt the rope will eat the flakes.

10. joiakimfish Member Member

Ok I'll look into pea body's and see what I can do ..... My rope fish I think is more of him being pickey I gave him a piec of worm last night and he took a bite and then just left it their but it could be as you say also ....

11. joiakimfish Member Member

Ok so I am ordering the 6pack now ... Befor I get the pancure I wanna try some conivore pellets and she if he takes .. If he does then hora I still may get them just to to have in stock for future potential problems

12. Aichmalotizo Well Known Member Member

Trying to keep my replies thread specific, so didn't mention this in the rope fish thread, but chances are if your tetras have parasites, the rope fish now has parasites. General rule of thumb is if one fish has it, the aquarium has it. It's good that the rope took some carnivore, but I would go about seeing how go medicate his food

13. joiakimfish Member Member

I am actually just seeing this response ... But the ropefish didn't make it :( going to treat the tank win the medacine comes I'm doing my 50% biweekly change at this very moment I'll look into getting another once I'm sure everyone is safe