What is this?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Techno, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Techno

Techno Valued Member Member

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438233735.214204.jpg
    This appeared on my anubias nana and although I've had it for a while this is the first time it's sprouted whatever this is not sure if it's good or bad

2. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

It's just a flower, apparently they bloom sometimes. It just means it's a happy plant getting lots of nutrients. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

3. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Then my anubias must not be very happy, I don't have a flower bloom lol

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

I haven't either, lol. It happens though, I've seen a few pictures on here of anubias blooming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. OP
    OP
    Techno

O thanks I dose ferts every few weeks so maybe that's why idk I havent done anything special to it

6. Dom90

When I first planted the anubias in my planted, I didn't realize it had a rhizome and so I buried the whole thing except the leaves. Then the leaves got invaded by BBA so I finally noticed what I had done wrong. Only in the last couple days has the plant been making a slow recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

7. OP
    OP
    Techno

O yeah I planted mine originally in gravel so it kind of stopped growing but it did latch onto the gravel so now I don't have to anchor or tie the plant down to anything since its weighed down by the gravel it won't let go of

8. KarenLM

KarenLM Well Known Member Member

Congratulations on your blooming plant! Not everyone has blooms in their tanks.

9. Dom90

I have Eco-Complete and I used Flourish glue to make it stick to the gravel but it wouldnt really stay so... now I have it glued to the top of some lace rock.

10. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Congrats on your Anubias flower, mine blooms quite regularly often with two or three flowers on it.
    Once the flower starts to die back cut it off at the base so the plant doesn't waste energy making seeds & it may throw up another flower quite quickly.
    In my experience they don't like a lot of light, I have a cheap LED light on the tank it's in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice