What Is This,white Spots On Gills?

Saville081011

My goldfish have developed white spots on their gills and a strip on their front fins. I believed it was white spot so I have been treating them.. however it has now been a few weeks and no change. So is it white
IMG_2374.JPG spot? Or something else?
They are in a 130 litre tank
pH: 7
Ammonia: <0.02ppm
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0

IMG_2370.JPG
IMG_2373.JPG

Kiks

It appears that your tank is not cycled. 130 liters is about 34 gallons and too small for anything more than a single goldfish (depending on species).
Did you cycle the tank? How long has it been running and when did you add the goldfish?

Saville081011

It’s been running for about 4 months. Added one gold fish at first (as his tank split) then added 2 more about a month ago.

Kiks

How are you testing the water?

Coradee

HI & welcome to Fishlore Saville081011
To answer your original question I believe those spots on the gills & pectorals are breeding tubercles not white spot. It has been many years since I kept goldfish though so hang on for more opinions from our goldfish keepers.

Kiks

API: freshwater master test kit. Plus I have seachem alert series in the tank.

Are you sure you're doing it right? Odd that nitrate should be 0 especially in a goldfish tank...

Epicoz

I agree it’s not ich you can normally see it on the fins not under the gills like that

Saville081011

HI & welcome to Fishlore Saville081011
To answer your original question I believe those spots on the gills & pectorals are breeding tubercles not white spot. It has been many years since I kept goldfish though so hang on for more opinions from our goldfish keepers.

Thank you for giving me a name for it! I’ve just found this:
Exactly describes my fish!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lloydbsantos92
Replies
Views
Saville081011
Replies
Views
Redshark1