what is this white spec?

1. a

axel Well Known Member Member

found in on my aquarium glass , it looks like snail but transparent and so small,i use magnifying glass and saw it has a brown tail ..http://imgur.com/a/eYtjy

2. Demontay1

Demontay1 Well Known Member Member

Can u upload a closer up pic but it does look like a baby snail but too better determine a more immediate face on pic wold help us identify it

3. codyrex97

codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

Looks like a snail to me.

4. I'm not Fish-ist

I'm not Fish-ist Valued Member Member

Does the 'spec' move. I breed snails and this looks like a baby/juvenile snail

5. OP
    OP
    a

its moving but at slow rate,theres brown tail moving so im not sure if its snail or not,i cant get closer picture without blurring it,i took the picture with magnifying glass

6. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Looks like a snail to me, too!

7. OP
    OP
    a

theres also small brown dots on the glass of the tank,is that brown algae they fed upon?

8. Aquaphobia

Are the brown spots difficult or easy to remove?

9. OP
    OP
    a

i have to wipe it hard and several times before its gone

10. Aquaphobia

Some sort of algae then. They probably are feeding on it but is the brown algae getting to be a problem?

11. OP
    OP
    a

not really,its really hard to see it from far,also you are right its snail,i also found another bug in my tank,its definitely seed shrimp ,dont know how it get there..the picture from google look similar

12. Aquaphobia

Possibly they came in through your water, or hitchhiked in on plants or substrate:;DJ

You must have very clean water to support them:)

13. OP
    OP
    a

i only found one,UPDATE with my plants : my bacopa is definitely show some growth on top leaves,all moss show a little growth except java moss..all bacopa leaves in the bottom are dying(some web said its normal),i also do water some water change without dechlorinator,and now theres foam on surface..and my ph is rising..not sure if this is considered clean water..is it good news or bad news?:;nin2

14. Aquaphobia

I wonder if you killed off some of your BB with the untreated water. They use carbonates in the water. What are your other parameters?

15. OP
    OP
    a

i havent checked yet,i will test it tomorrow..also if my ph get above 7..will this be a problem for the plants?the only reason my ph went down to begin with is because of ADA soil and CO2 tablet

16. Aquaphobia

Not at all! Can you test your GH and KH? Live plants and nitrifying bacteria use up KH and can cause a drop in pH.

17. OP
    OP
    a

yes i can,i will test it tomorrow,its already midnight at my place.

18. Aquaphobia

Have a good night's sleep:)

19. OP
    OP
    a

i havent checked the water parameter,but the seed shrimp multiply and i found some in my tank glass.Also the plants growth rate seems increasing each day.Not sure if its fertilizer or CO2 tablet