What Is This Transparent Fluff On Glass? How To Fix? Question

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Nataliasolar, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Nataliasolar

NataliasolarNew MemberMember

Hi,

I've had my tank for 4 months but 3 wks ago a fish "disappeared" and it took me basically removing everything from my tank to finally find a dead half fish, that was 2 wks ago.

So around that time i did notice that my water parameters suffered and i did water changes to help stabilize things. I also noticed a bloom of brown algae and this almost transparent fluff, that I can see very well because it's so tiny.

It covered most of my tanks glass walls and it keeps coming back. What is it? Is it bad? Will it go away?

Attached Files:

2. Gdpierce79

Gdpierce79Valued MemberMember

Hi! I have the same problem. I don’t know why your fish died.
    What size is the tank and what fish are in there? Are there lots of plants?

3. OP
    OP
    Nataliasolar

NataliasolarNew MemberMember

Hi,

Its a 65 g tank. I have a bunch of plants and the guppy that died was about a yr old from my previous tank and I think it was old.

I have 4 albino Cory, 3 mollies, 5 guppies, 2 very young angelfish, 1 dwarf gourami, 1 gourami that came with my 20 g tank ( this tank is thr upgrade) and a small bn plecos. Oh also I should have a loach although I haven't seen it in a couple weeks. My plan is to not restock the guppies and mollies once they're gone to give space to the angels.

4. Gdpierce79

Gdpierce79Valued MemberMember

I’m not great with large tanks, so would you consider yourself understocked? If you also have lots of plants, then check out my thread:Algae Problems and do what I’m doing. Blackout, no food for 2 days, algae cleaner, and add more fish. Your phosphate is unbalanced, and more fish should help. I think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice