What Is This Thing In My New Tank

Leonardo626

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It’s in a new tank, so would it be better if I just removed all the water? Thank you for your reply

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Do you have anything else living in the tank? I don’t know how long the eggs & snails can survive without water. Some people salt dip plants to remove pest snails/eggs, so maybe you could apply that to your whole tank? Some people like the snails, but are careful not to over feed to prevent a snail population explosion.

Leonardo626

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It’s a ten gallon, I’ve been cycling for 2 months getting it ready for a betta fish, but there’s nothing at the moment. Its planted but they where dipped in potassium permanganate. The only new thing is a piece of cholla wood, which I boiled for an hour. I think it came from there so I removed it, but I don’t know if it’s spread over. Thank you!

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Removing the water wouldn't help - they can survive in moist plants or substrate for a while. Best to take it out and squash it if you want to remove it (don't flush it and don't release it - throw it away, either squashed or not). You don't have to though - some people like those snails.

Leonardo626

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I just killed the first one I saw. I guess I’ll continue to do that. Thank you guys very much!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom