1. BrocksFish Initiate Member

What tetra is this?

11.png

Thanks for any great help. :)

Regards,
    Brock.

2. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

3. BrocksFish Initiate Member

These ones have blue. I don't know what tetras they are. The tetras at the aquarium are together, so she might have caught 2 differents tetras.

Regards,
    Brock.

4. crazedACD Member Member

Hmm...I'm thinking it's a Gold Neon, but I'd wait for someone else to confirm that :D.

5. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Its eye and fins remind of a congo tetra but a lot smaller :) but clearly the colour isnt right to be a congo tetra, hmmm, im stumped lol

6. BrocksFish Initiate Member

I did pick congo tetras, a few of them. 2 females and males. It might be the congo.

Regards,
    Brock.

7. CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

It kinda looks like my gold barbs.

8. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Definitely not a gold barb. Barbs do not have the little adipose fin behind the dorsal fin, as this fish does. Also, this fish's eyes are much too big to be a barb and the shape is wrong. Lastly, gold barbs have black markings.

I'm leaning toward a gold tetra or gold neon tetra. If it had red eyes I would say an albino congo....

9. crazedACD Member Member

I'm leaning strongly towards Gold Neon...
    345.jpg

Looks pretty identical to yours.

10. BrocksFish Initiate Member

Looks similar, but I do not see the neon in this tetra, and the red isn't below the eye, it's transparent like with the red, the red is on top of the eye. But as I said, the red is not full-on red and is slighty transparent.

Regards,
    Brock.