Regards,
    Brock.

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

3. OP
    OP
    BrocksFish

BrocksFish New Member Member

These ones have blue. I don't know what tetras they are. The tetras at the aquarium are together, so she might have caught 2 differents tetras.

Regards,
    Brock.

4. crazedACD

crazedACD Valued Member Member

Hmm...I'm thinking it's a Gold Neon, but I'd wait for someone else to confirm that :D.

5. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

Its eye and fins remind of a congo tetra but a lot smaller :) but clearly the colour isnt right to be a congo tetra, hmmm, im stumped lol

6. OP
    OP
    BrocksFish

I did pick congo tetras, a few of them. 2 females and males. It might be the congo.

Regards,
    Brock.

7. CHoffman

CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

It kinda looks like my gold barbs.

8. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Definitely not a gold barb. Barbs do not have the little adipose fin behind the dorsal fin, as this fish does. Also, this fish's eyes are much too big to be a barb and the shape is wrong. Lastly, gold barbs have black markings.

I'm leaning toward a gold tetra or gold neon tetra. If it had red eyes I would say an albino congo....

9. crazedACD

crazedACD Valued Member Member

I'm leaning strongly towards Gold Neon...
    345.jpg

Looks pretty identical to yours.

10. OP
    OP
    BrocksFish

Looks similar, but I do not see the neon in this tetra, and the red isn't below the eye, it's transparent like with the red, the red is on top of the eye. But as I said, the red is not full-on red and is slighty transparent.

Regards,
    Brock.