What is this snail?

Sanderguy777

I understand if this is is hard to see, but I am curious what kind of snail this is.

If it is harmless, I don't really care, but I dont want tons of snails.

My mom doesn't like snails, but I actually dont mind all that much of there are only a few.

Here are the rather grainy photos of one from my phone (which is why I buy dedicated cameras for my photography hobby lol)

20200507_140644.jpg
20200507_140636.jpg
20200507_140623.jpg
20200507_140618.jpg
20200507_140612.jpg

TWiG87

Pond or bladder snail. Thin hairlike feelers = bladder snail. Thicker feelers = pond snail.

YellowGuppy

Based on the shell shape I'd be more inclined to guess bladder than pond. Be aware that a single one can reproduce on its own. Their population will get out of hand if you're overfeeding, but they're harmless and beneficial. If you end up getting overrun, squishing them with a pair of long tweezers can convert them from "armoured pest" to "crunchy snack" for most types of fish!

Sanderguy777

Based on the shell shape I'd be more inclined to guess bladder than pond. Be aware that a single one can reproduce on its own. Their population will get out of hand if you're overfeeding, but they're harmless and beneficial. If you end up getting overrun, squishing them with a pair of long tweezers can convert them from "armoured pest" to "crunchy snack" for most types of fish!
Ok, bladder is what I was thinking from the ID thread, but I wanted confirmation.
I have guppies, platies, corys, and I think 2 surviving otos.
Do the snail egg snacks look like cory eggs? I hope the eggs I've been seeing are the corys and not the snails!

YellowGuppy

Do the snail egg snacks look like cory eggs? I hope the eggs I've been seeing are the corys and not the snails!
Bladder snail eggs are clear, and laid in tight clusters (all together on a 2D plane) on a flat surface. I'm less certain about cory eggs.

Sanderguy777

The eggs I saw were 1/8" spheres in twos and threes, so it doesn't sound like snail eggs from the 2d pattern you refer to.
Bladder snail eggs are clear, and laid in tight clusters (all together on a 2D plane) on a flat surface. I'm less certain about cory eggs.

TWiG87

Bladder and pond snail eggs are smaller than 1/8”. All the snail egg clutches I have seen from mine are groups of 15ish and they are very small. Like 1/32”. Maybe even smaller.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
5 Gallon Tank Snail ID
Replies
Views
QCAquaholic
  • Question
Replies
Views
Fishnturtleguy933
Replies
Views