What Is This Plant????

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by GracieGoodman6, Apr 18, 2018.

1. G

GracieGoodman6 New Member Member

I got this plant from my LFS, it was a new arrival and they didn’t have a tag for it. I decided to get it anyways because it was cheap. Does anyone know what it is? IMG_1038.JPG IMG_1039.JPG IMG_1040.JPG

Also, i have a 10 gallon tank with the Finnex planted light plus, it’s rated at 6W, is this a low, med, or high light?

2. f

fishaholic87 Valued Member Member

im by no means a expert but id say some type on anubius what species no clue

3. SFGiantsGuy

SFGiantsGuy Well Known Member Member

That MAY be an Anubias Hastifolia, I could be incorrect though...

4. SFGiantsGuy

Pretty sure it is. The leaves are too wide to be a Narrow leafed Temple plant...IF it in fact is Anubias Hastifolia, then it requires low to medium light. Good looking plant though! HUGE! lol

5. f

fishaholic87 Valued Member Member

so definitly a anubias

6. SFGiantsGuy

Yeah, especially since it was "cheap" lol It's either an Anubias Frazeri, or an Anubias Hastifolia. Either way it's an Anubias species. It may be the Frazeri since it's already pretty tall! Those can almost get 2 feet tall in the ideal conditions!

7. OP
    OP
    G

I don’t know if it is an anubias species, the leaves are quite thin and it doesn’t come to a point like the hastifolia and it has pretty distinct wrinkles on it. It almost looks like the foliage of regular house plants. Also if you know, can you answer the question in the main post about the lighting wattage?

8. SFGiantsGuy

I use 2 Finnex Planted +'s on my 30 gallon, totaling about 40+ watts. Although the PAR level (wet reading) is vastly more of the prime factor of light measurement instead, to be taken into consideration as far as amount of light is concerned. Since you have a 10 gal. tank, 6 watts is about low lighting. Good light though! Yeah and that certainly DOES resemble a "house plant"! It also has much thinner, and not thicker leaves. As I stated, I wasn't 100% sure if it was an Anubias or not.

9. MikeRad89

MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

It's anubias heterophylla

10. OP
    OP
    G

Image1524107125.532073.jpg I don’t know if the rhizome was cut off and it has to regrow one? But it doesn’t look like it has one

11. OP
    OP
    G

I do think it is the heterophylla, it’s the one that I’ve been able to best match it with

12. aniroc

aniroc Well Known Member Member

That's a stem plant. I don't think is any Anubias plant. Looks more like Hygrophila corymbosa.

13. OP
    OP
    G

I honestly have no idea what it is. The guys at the store didn't have a tag for it and he was trying to figure out what it was, he said he thought it was Mint Charlie but that doesn't look anything like it and then he gave me the tag he thought it was and it said Hygrophilia Rosanervis, but that too looks nothing like it.

14. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

It is not an anubias, the leaves don't grow like that on any anubias, it is a type of hygro, I would look at the species provided by @aniroc because species examples provided by google and plant sites look very similar.

15. Crafty Cichlid

Crafty Cichlid Well Known Member Member

It looks like a houseplant to me. Are the stems fuzzy?

16. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

I agree with @aniroc likely hygro corymbosa grown emersed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice