What Is This On My Decorations?

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Crum, Apr 23, 2017.

1. CrumValued MemberMember

There is some strange fuzzy stuff all over these decorations in my tank. The gravel and other decor doesn't seem to have it on it, another plant has a bit but not much. None of my cleaners (shrimp/snails) seem to be eating it. Its right under where the filter outtake is so it keeps getting stirred up and making the water dirty. I've done a few water changes since I noticed it, and all of the water parameters are completely normal (don't have exact readings at the moment, sorry, but they were all within the correct range according to my test kit) I have harder water though. Any ideas? What is it and how can I make it go away? I had one live plant (hornwort?) but it was growing too out of control, clogging my filter, and dirty with that same stuff, so I removed it. Since I removed it this seems to have gotten worse.
    [​IMG]

2. mybettaismywaifuNew MemberMember

Do you have aquarium salt? It looks like a fungus to me, but I am probably wrong. aquarium salt will kill it if its fungus

3. CrumValued MemberMember

I don't have salt, no. I have a pleco and ive heard its not great for them.

4. CrumValued MemberMember

Any other ideas? I heard someone say it could be bacterial growth. Please help my tank water is getting cloudier every day I don't want to have to keep doing water changes multiple times a week lol

5. chadoNew MemberMember

Take the decorations out and clean them. Then soak them in chlorinated water. Make sure you dechlorinate them before adding back to the tank.
    Keep doing your water changes.

6. CrumValued MemberMember

I decided to remove them completely for now. I'm moving soon and might redo my tank afterwards so they'll live without them for now.

7. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Looks alot like fuzz algae not fungus.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice