What is this on my crayfish? Please help!

pattersonbear

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a CPO crayfish in a 20 gallon tank, look in my aquarium details for more information. I just found ich in my tank but I am starting to treat it and everyone looks fine so far. This has been on my crayfish for a couple of days now. It is on both sides. Please help me. What is it? What can I do to help him?
20200609_115806.jpg

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thats known as white spot syndrome for which there is no cure, if I'm right the little guy won't be with you long

DanielZebra32798

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
richiep said:
Thats known as white spot syndrome for which there is no cure, if I'm right the little guy won't be with you long
Hi richiep. I am in no way calling you out, I just got curious and researched the topic really quick. According to an website which I am linking, crayfish do not exhibit the visible symptoms of white spot syndrome. They display lethargy, but nothing more. Have your experiences been different? I just got curious, that's all.

Source: .

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No problem DanielZebra32798 you have all the right to question. The information you are reading is from 2007 its taken me a while to find information I referred to dated 2019 so sorry for not getting back quicker, these symptoms only appear on dwarf crayfish from what I believe

DanielZebra32798

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
richiep said:
No problem DanielZebra32798 you have all the right to question. The information you are reading is from 2007 its taken me a while to find information I referred to dated 2019 so sorry for not getting back quicker, these symptoms only appear on dwarf crayfish from what I believe
Thank you, that was an informative read, I'll definitely use it as a resource as well. To the OP, I'm really sorry about your crayfish, I wish something could be done.

OP
P

pattersonbear

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Okay, thank you for the information. I wish there was something I could do.

New Threads