What Is This On My Cory?

1. IIHarrisonII

IIHarrisonII Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +3

Hello all, this little white spot was found on a cory a couple weeks ago. Since then he's been in my qt tank and I don't see any sign of the white spot anymore... but now his gills look a little red. Can anyone identify this sickness? I'm new to fish diseases, at first I was thinking ich but it was only in that one spot and I had heard about lymph thinking maybe it was that.
    Any help is appreciated. Hopefully the image shows correctly..

2. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +5,044
    Pic doesn't show.

3. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +3,708
    Hi there. Can I get some other information?

How big is the tank he is normally in? Is he in a filtered, heated, cycled tank? What are your tank parameters? Is he usually kept with other fish? What is your tank cleaning routine?

A white spot could be a bacterial infection. It could be ich. It could be Fungus. I can clearly see a white spot and red gills.

It can also be from poor water conditions, so that's why I asked about your tank too.

The very first thing I would do is a 50% water change. To eliminate something in the water as a cause. Then we can figure out what is really going on.

4. OP
    OP
    IIHarrisonII

IIHarrisonII Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah, sorry forgot to pist all that stuff. He's in a 10 gallon, heated to 78° and an aquaclear 20 filter. Cycled and everything. The tank has a betta, 8 C. Habrosus (originally, I took the one out and another that looked like it may have also been sick), 4 shrimp and some pest snails that came with the wisteria I have planted.

Once I found the spot I did a wc and took out some decor and rinsed it in hot water. The rest of the cories seem to be doing just fine.

I think there may* have been some decaying food at the time but I rearranged the tank for better cleaning access and cleaned before testing my water(I just wanted my tank under contril!) My routine is around 30-40% weekly changes with prime where I vaccume half the bottom. The parameters currently are 0/0/10.