What Is This On My Cory?

1. IIHarrisonII Initiate Member

Hello all, this little white spot was found on a cory a couple weeks ago. Since then he's been in my qt tank and I don't see any sign of the white spot anymore... but now his gills look a little red. Can anyone identify this sickness? I'm new to fish diseases, at first I was thinking ich but it was only in that one spot and I had heard about lymph thinking maybe it was that.
    Any help is appreciated. Hopefully the image shows correctly..

2. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Pic doesn't show.

3. AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

Hi there. Can I get some other information?

How big is the tank he is normally in? Is he in a filtered, heated, cycled tank? What are your tank parameters? Is he usually kept with other fish? What is your tank cleaning routine?

A white spot could be a bacterial infection. It could be ich. It could be Fungus. I can clearly see a white spot and red gills.

It can also be from poor water conditions, so that's why I asked about your tank too.

The very first thing I would do is a 50% water change. To eliminate something in the water as a cause. Then we can figure out what is really going on.

4. IIHarrisonII Initiate Member

Yeah, sorry forgot to pist all that stuff. He's in a 10 gallon, heated to 78° and an aquaclear 20 filter. Cycled and everything. The tank has a betta, 8 C. Habrosus (originally, I took the one out and another that looked like it may have also been sick), 4 shrimp and some pest snails that came with the wisteria I have planted.

Once I found the spot I did a wc and took out some decor and rinsed it in hot water. The rest of the cories seem to be doing just fine.

I think there may* have been some decaying food at the time but I rearranged the tank for better cleaning access and cleaned before testing my water(I just wanted my tank under contril!) My routine is around 30-40% weekly changes with prime where I vaccume half the bottom. The parameters currently are 0/0/10.