What Is This On My Bala?

Nangel
I recently got this Bala Shark from a local pet store. I have no idea how old he/she is. Anyways, today I noticed a very odd white spot that’s protruding above each eye. Is this normal?

Attachments

• 6835CE57-897D-4373-9131-1E7AB3C98FFA.jpeg
    6835CE57-897D-4373-9131-1E7AB3C98FFA.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 94
  • 79F623ED-B73E-468C-BECE-95FA4931A6FC.jpeg
    79F623ED-B73E-468C-BECE-95FA4931A6FC.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 100
Mcasella
Have you noticed him bump against anything in the tank repeatedly (not like flashing but just oops bumps)?

Nangel
He got scared when I opened the blinds and crashed around the tank.

Sergeant Pepper
What size tank is it? Do you know about the Nitrogen Cycle? If you do know any, what are the tank parameters? Nitrate, Nitrite, and Ammonia. Tank Temp?
I did notice that the Angel looks a little off, almost like it's got ich? what's the long pinkish thing on it?

Nangel
What size tank is it? Do you know about the Nitrogen Cycle? If you do know any, what are the tank parameters? Nitrate, Nitrite, and Ammonia. Tank Temp?
I did notice that the Angel looks a little off, almost like it's got ich? what's the long pinkish thing on it?

No, my fish don’t have ich.
Nitrate 26ppm
Nitrite & ammonia 0
Tank size 750gal

Sergeant Pepper
What are the tankmates? 750 gallons? That's pretty large! Doesn't look like one in the picture.

Nangel
That’s my 220 I put him in with my baby Bala’s. I also have a handful of Angel’s

Sergeant Pepper
Only other thing I could think of is aggression. Angels can be nippy sometimes. I had one that was pretty aggressive to tetras and such, so it could be an injury. Clean water and frequent water changes will help speed up an injury

Nangel
Only other thing I could think of is aggression. Angels can be nippy sometimes. I had one that was pretty aggressive to tetras and such, so it could be an injury. Clean water and frequent water changes will help speed up an injury

Thank you! I’ll keep my eye on it. He’s my newest Bala so I’m not familiar with him as I am my others. I rescued him from a local pet shop.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Pernell73
Replies
Views
steed1172
Replies
Views
LyndaB
Replies
Views