Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

What Is This On Angelfish Mouth? Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by HoneyBun, Apr 14, 2019.

1. HoneyBunNew MemberMember

7EFCAD95-4A75-4D15-83CB-6B2D051514D3.jpeg I noticed this a while ago, it hasn’t grown or changed so I thought it was okay. I’ve gotten a closer look and now that I’ve seen it up close, im a little worried. Any help would be appreciated, I’m currently treating with seachem’s Paraguard. It’s a white-ish protrusion below his mouth on the edge of the gill plate.

I’m doing daily 30% water changes after 24 hours of paragaurd in the water (it’s supposed to last around 24 hours). The fish is eating and acting normally, there’s also no sign of this growth on the female angelfish.

Thank you!

2. A201Well Known MemberMember

It looks like a minor viral infection (Lymphocystis). Expand the photo and you'll see the pink tumor. Its not very contagious.
    There's a chance the problem will heal itself. Meds are useless against viruses.

3. HoneyBunNew MemberMember

I agree that it’s lymph after doing some reading. It was suggested in another forum to keep the water pristine and feed often. The area where the nodule protrudes is where the poor guy ran into something when he freaked out from someone slamming the door a while ago (probably the manzanita driftwood).

Hopefully, he’ll get over his “cold” soon. Should I raise the temp? I know that improves immune response.

4. A201Well Known MemberMember

I'd keep it between 78 - 80 degrees. Hope he gets better soon.