What is this little guy?

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Blitzshadow, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Blitzshadow

BlitzshadowNew MemberMember

I bought so small feeder ghost shrimp for my fish and when I got home I noticed there was a strange fish in the bag. I took it back to the pet store but they couldn't ID it and told me i could do what I want with it. I think its kinda cool but I wanna make sure its safe before placing it into my tank. Her are a couple pictures I took. It looks like some sort of fresh water goby I think but IDK its about an inch long and really thin. kinda walks/ shuffles across the bottom doesn't seem to swim much. mystery fish 1.jpgMystery fish 2.jpg

2. Leigh82

Leigh82New MemberMember

I don't know what he is but he's cute! I have chain loaches, they kind of walk, perch on things. Maybe he is some kind of loach?

3. OP
    OP
    Blitzshadow

I know my wife thinks its cute too ^^. I guess I could see it being some type of loach. Google isn't really helping me to ID it. I really hope someone here has seen this thing before.

4. Dro1045

Dro1045New MemberMember

Hi :) i think its a swamp darter, i catch from time to time. I'm pretty sure they're peaceful and should be fine with other fish.

5. OP
    OP
    Blitzshadow

Cool I googled Swamp Darter and that is exactly what it is than you very much for the ID :D

6. Dro1045

Dro1045New MemberMember

7. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Yep, swamp darter. They are a coldwater fish, being from the US.....