What is this little guy?

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Blitzshadow, Aug 10, 2015.

1. BlitzshadowNew MemberMember

I bought so small feeder ghost shrimp for my fish and when I got home I noticed there was a strange fish in the bag. I took it back to the pet store but they couldn't ID it and told me i could do what I want with it. I think its kinda cool but I wanna make sure its safe before placing it into my tank. Her are a couple pictures I took. It looks like some sort of fresh water goby I think but IDK its about an inch long and really thin. kinda walks/ shuffles across the bottom doesn't seem to swim much. mystery fish 1.jpgMystery fish 2.jpg

2. Leigh82New MemberMember

I don't know what he is but he's cute! I have chain loaches, they kind of walk, perch on things. Maybe he is some kind of loach?

3. BlitzshadowNew MemberMember

I know my wife thinks its cute too ^^. I guess I could see it being some type of loach. Google isn't really helping me to ID it. I really hope someone here has seen this thing before.

4. Dro1045New MemberMember

Hi :) i think its a swamp darter, i catch from time to time. I'm pretty sure they're peaceful and should be fine with other fish.

5. BlitzshadowNew MemberMember

Cool I googled Swamp Darter and that is exactly what it is than you very much for the ID :D

6. Dro1045New MemberMember

7. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Yep, swamp darter. They are a coldwater fish, being from the US.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice