What Is This In Rock Decoration?

LindsayLou95

Reaction score
Soooo..

I used to have Cherry Shrimp in my planted neon aquarium, but when I went on vacation for two weeks they seem to have disappeared (my mom was meant to take care of them but I guess she doesn't quite understand fish) ANYWAY. No more shrimp but my snails have multiplied. I go to turn on my light and feed them this morning and I thought I saw a shrimp in one of my rock decorations. It has tiny little legs and was walking around. Looks almost like a little stick. I have no idea what it is or where it came from. Any ideas?
1523637206069383868609.jpg

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
LindsayLou95 said:
Soooo..

I used to have Cherry Shrimp in my planted neon aquarium, but when I went on vacation for two weeks they seem to have disappeared (my mom was meant to take care of them but I guess she doesn't quite understand fish) ANYWAY. No more shrimp but my snails have multiplied. I go to turn on my light and feed them this morning and I thought I saw a shrimp in one of my rock decorations. It has tiny little legs and was walking around. Looks almost like a little stick. I have no idea what it is or where it came from. Any ideas?
1523637206069383868609.jpg
I can't really make out anything from the picture. Could you try another photo?

RedLoredAmazon

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Looks like a damselfly nymph to me. They are predatory in nature, maybe it ate the shrimp.

OP
LindsayLou95

LindsayLou95

Reaction score
It does look similar for sure. Any idea how it would have gotten into my tank?

New Threads