What Is This In Rock Decoration?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by LindsayLou95, Apr 13, 2018.

1. LindsayLou95

LindsayLou95 New Member Member

Soooo..

I used to have Cherry Shrimp in my planted neon aquarium, but when I went on vacation for two weeks they seem to have disappeared (my mom was meant to take care of them but I guess she doesn't quite understand fish) ANYWAY. No more shrimp but my snails have multiplied. I go to turn on my light and feed them this morning and I thought I saw a shrimp in one of my rock decorations. It has tiny little legs and was walking around. Looks almost like a little stick. I have no idea what it is or where it came from. Any ideas? 1523637206069383868609.jpg

2. AQUA_LOVER

AQUA_LOVER Well Known Member Member

I can't really make out anything from the picture. Could you try another photo?

3. RedLoredAmazon

RedLoredAmazon Well Known Member Member

Looks like a damselfly nymph to me. They are predatory in nature, maybe it ate the shrimp.

4. OP
    OP
    LindsayLou95

Attached Files:

5. OP
    OP
    LindsayLou95

It does look similar for sure. Any idea how it would have gotten into my tank?

6. RedLoredAmazon

RedLoredAmazon Well Known Member Member

Normally they come in on live plants. Did you add any into your tank recently?

7. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

Could you try to catch it and put it in a small cup on a white background?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice