What is this in my new tank?

B3TT45

605D33D8-7FEE-49D3-841F-C0672DC2BB4C.jpeg

I just started this new tank a few days ago and started cycling it. Recently added aquasoil and a few plants (after weeks of quarantine and a bleach dip). The soil has settled today but some of the particles have stayed floating. I just saw this today floating among the particles. It looks like it was part of the soil but it’s like growing roots or something.
Any clue what this could be? Could aquasoil accidentally bring seeds of some kind?

Attachments

• C59C349D-8855-4D78-AC7A-5C304C17FC92.jpeg
    C59C349D-8855-4D78-AC7A-5C304C17FC92.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 36

MacZ

It's a sprout of some kind. What exactly... no idea. Can't even tell whether it's an aquatic or a terrestrial plant. Put it in a pot or a glas of water and wait and see what happens.

It can even have been on you and your clothes and fallen into the tank, so it can come from anywhere.

Chiasmodon

I just started this new tank a few days ago and started cycling it. Recently added aquasoil and a few plants (after weeks of quarantine and a bleach dip). The soil has settled today but some of the particles have stayed floating. I just saw this today floating among the particles. It looks like it was part of the soil but it’s like growing roots or something.
Any clue what this could be? Could aquasoil accidentally bring seeds of some kind?
it looks like a water lily seed to me. You can search " water lily sprouting" on google and you will find it almost similar to what you have.

B3TT45

It's a sprout of some kind. What exactly... no idea. Can't even tell whether it's an aquatic or a terrestrial plant. Put it in a pot or a glas of water and wait and see what happens.

It can even have been on you and your clothes and fallen into the tank, so it can come from anywhere.
Yea can’t tell if aquatic either, the sprout keeps getting noticeably larger every few hours. I wonder if I just leave it in the tank what will happen. Do you think I should do that or move it like you mentioned?
it looks like a water lily seed to me. You can search " water lily sprouting" on google and you will find it almost similar to what you have.
I can’t tell much on google images but it seems like water lily seeds are a lot bigger than the seed in my tank. The seed in the tank is the same size and looks about the same as the aquasoil pellets. Maybe it’s a dwarf lily? No clue. But if it is a water lily, that would be so cool! Free plants!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BristlenoseCatfish
Replies
Views
Cody
Replies
Views
Jallen42
Replies
Views