What Is This Growth?

Les Miz <3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
In the span of about 2 weeks, Audrey IV (a sword plant) suddenly grew a stem out of the water about 35cm. It started growing buds on the stem out of the water and these are growing leaves on them that look like tiny versions of the plant. I can’t find anything online, does anyone know what is going on?

Attachments

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This is just how larger swords reproduce. I would put a bag around the emerging plants to keep the humidity high if it isn't already.

Les Miz <3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
DutchAquarium said:
This is just how larger swords reproduce. I would put a bag around the emerging plants to keep the humidity high if it isn't already.
Thanks for the reply so do I need to put them in the water or what happens when they grow really big?

Tsin21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I also see what looks like flower buds. Let them bloom and artificially pollinate them using qtips. That way you can have seeds to germinate in the future also.

The parts with leaves will soon grow into plantlets and some just remove them from the main stem when they have roots and plant them.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Place the stem back into the tank so it can get used to the humidity that way you can transition it to being a submersed plant easier.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom