What Is This Fish? Question

1. H

Heather Hanks Initiate Member

I was at my LFS and seen these cute little guys who the employee stated were pygmy cories. I got 5. Got them home and after watching them for a little while realized they acted nothing like cories but more like my SAE. They stay mid level of the tank and mainly within the plants eating off of them. Maybe flying fox? Not sure. Pretty small still. 152729996774836079466.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

He was right, they are Pygmy cories. They are very unlike most cories and are mid-dwellers.

3. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

those are pygmy corydoras, this is a very normal characteristic of this species.

4. MikeRad89

MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

5. Mike1995

Mike1995 Well Known Member Member

the fish more towards the front is not a pygmy Cory. Definitely looks to be something like a SAE or otos. i have a few pygmys in one of my betta tanks. They do not have a black stripe, at least not as defined.

6. d

danhutchins Member Member

Look like pygmy cories to me, check this out.... Corydoras pygmaeus (Pygmy Cory)

7. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

Corydoras pygmaeus is well known for not acting like a typical Cory. They tend to hover well off the bottom as their normal behavior. This is one of the things that people find so interesting about them.

First photo has an Otocinclus in the front, and the Pygmy Cory is to the back. Had to look at the second picture to know for sure what fish you were asking about.