What Is This Fish Specie? Question

1. E

Ergun New Member Member

hello everyone,

I need a help about deciding of a fish breed. I have neon tetras and sae fishes (siamensis). last month i noticed that i have a fry in aquarium between plants. Only one of them is probably survived and it grows up every day. But I realized that something strange. It has a shape of a neon tetra. Also it has exactly same fin structure which is different than sae. But it has colors and black line of a sae

here is a photo

2. Demeter

Demeter Well Known Member Member

The picture isn't loading but I would guess they are the siameses algae eaters. Rarely does the neon tetra spawn in captivities, it seems to be one of the harder species to spawn for some reason or another.

3. OneLittleBubble

OneLittleBubble Well Known Member Member

I doubt they are siamese algae eaters because they don't spawn in captivity. They could be a black tetra or a faulty tetra because the neon doesn't have the right genes to pass on so it doesn't have the genes. Or baby coloring

4. OP
    OP
    E

Ergun New Member Member

here is a direct link:

I thought it is a siamesa,too but it's lower fin looks way too different. For example. Siamesa has 5 fins at bottom (2 at front 2 at middle and one through bacward) but my fish has only 3. One at lower back has exactly same shape with neon tetra.

5. Demeter

Demeter Well Known Member Member

I suppose it could be a neon but I might lean towards a small fish getting throw into the same bag as either of the other fish's when you bought them. Unless they were bought quite some time ago, this is a possibility. Image link still won't work for me but if the fins are of a different number then they are for sure a different species than the SAE.

6. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

Still not seeing a photo. Without it, can't really hazard a guess.

7. OP
    OP
    E

Ergun New Member Member

IMG_8429-1.jpg

8. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

9. Dch48

Dch48 Well Known Member Member

That is definitely some kind of Tetra. It does look a lot like an Emperor.

10. OP
    OP
    E

Ergun New Member Member

really? But I don't have any emperor tetra. I think it is a tetra yes. emperor ones has a black line at their back fin. But mine is a bit baby now maybe it will have one at future. This one is apprx. 3 months old. Now it is nearly half size of a grown up tetra

11. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

It is most assuredly an Emperor Tetra, a very nice looking one. The eyes are blue, which indicates male, so his tail will likely develop an extension in the middle as he gets older.

12. OP
    OP
    E

Ergun New Member Member

thank you eveyone for your help :) I don't know how it came to my aquarium since i don't have any emperor tetra but it is nice to know :)