what is this fish called? Question

1. emmett1180 Member Member

Hello im just looking at getting some new fish and seen this video on youtube.

Can anyone tell me what the fish with the pinkish head and yellow tip tails are in this video, also the 2 fish with black line running horizonally along them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUM-o2fglRs

Thanks

2. platy ben Well Known Member Member

The 2 with yellow tip tails are denison barbs, also known as red-line torpedo barbs,
    The other fish are definitly a type of cichlids, they look kind of like kribensis

3. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

I see kribensis, tiger barbs, serpae tetras, Columbian tetras, red line torpedo barbs, a rainbow shark, and what looks to be botia striata (vid is blurry, hard to say for sure). I'm not sure what fish you mean that has a pinkish head and yellow tip tail.

There are different fish in the video that have a black horizontal line through them. The kribensis do, and the red lines do as well.

4. JVIEW Member Member

The striped ones are kribensis cichlids

5. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Good luck with the red line torpedo barbs, they are pretty pricey, they get to a pretty nice size, and they are hard to get

6. Master Yoda Member Member

Those are a nice looking fish, but they are pricey:
    Denison Barb

7. thorpbrian Member Member

Yeah, my LFS always has them and they are $9 a piece with no gaurantee because "of their unique care parameters".

8. crazedACD Member Member

That's probably the cheapest I've seen..mostly I see them for $20-30 a piece.