What Is This Creatures In My Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

polishedash

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't think they are harmful if that's what they are. I know you feed them to triops, which are a type of shrimp, when they are little I believe. It's been years since I kept them! So maybe take that with a grain of salt. But I'd not feed the shrimp and see if they can catch them. Maybe not feed and do a water change to reduce the numbers if they seem that out of control.

bakpau

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have those too, although not alot. Usually the longer time i change the water, the more they grow. I dont think they are dangerous, my betta likes to eat them.

allllien

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Are they in the water, or moving around on the glass? If they're on the glass, I think I had them in my tanks once.. they've long since disappeared though. I noticed they came out at night, so if you're lights are off and you turn them on when entering the room, you'll see loads of them just above the gravel, moving around on the glass. They're like tiny little white worms about 2mm long. I'm not sure where they came from or how/why they disappeared, but they never affected my tanks. Just don't get a leech though, I once had a couple come in on a plant somehow, freaked me out trying to remove them lol

I just found out what they're called (if they're the same as the ones I had) -Rhabdoceola, and yes, they go away on their own

Last edited by a moderator:

oOBlueOo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can you Google copepods and see if that matches? Pods are not harmful to your tank. Many people actually add them. Especially in saltwater.

OP
S

shrimpppp

Reaction score
Hey guys! I posted before with same topic but I just want to make sure what it is. So I filmed video of it to make sure it's not harmful otherwise I can remove them. Because I'm going to get red cherry shrimps. There are some waterplants, marimo ball and nerite snail. So I got video this time

I couldn't upload video here so I did it on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom