What is this creature in my tank?

Riccardo1976

Hi I recently introduced some fish in my new tank and accidentally dropped some water from the fish bag. Today this creature appeared in my tank, could someone tell me what it is please? Is it something bad?

Jallen42

I beli
Hi I recently introduced some fish in my new tank and accidentally dropped some water from the fish bag. Today this creature appeared in my tank, could someone tell me what it is please? Is it something bad?
I believe this is a dragon fly nymph and I don’t think it’s that bad for your aquarium most people just prefer not having them.

Upvote 0

Diane 007

I would remove it straight away! It is a predator and will hunt whatever is in the tank.

Upvote 0

kallililly1973

Either a dragon or damselfly. I would also remove it unless it’s in a tank with bigger aggressive fish. It will hunt fry and shrimp and anything else it can latch on to. I have heard you can also separate it from your tank into another container and raise it up. Not exactly sure how though.

Upvote 0

SixThreeOh

Damselflies lay eggs on plants, so it likely came in on plants. Keep an eye out for more.

Upvote 0

Riccardo1976

i got rid of this one.
plants have been in three weeks, do you think others would have
been visible by now too?

Upvote 0

SixThreeOh

They're very good at hiding. Just keep an eye out.

Upvote 0

Riccardo1976

where would you suggest i look?

Upvote 0

Jallen42

where would you suggest i look?
Possibly in any plants that you can’t see from outside the tank or any “caves” that you won’t be able to see inside from outside of the tank

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
triviagirl07
Replies
Views
Packerfish
Replies
Views
Redshark1
Replies