What Is This? Bubbles Or Eggs?

Edna

Active Member
Member
Messages
105
Reaction score
27
I noticed these on the glass of my ten gallon today. Just added a new female Betta yesterday but I don't think this is because of her. There's a Nerite snail in there, I know there are also coepods, amphipods and some kind of white wiggly worm that the fish like to eat.
Perimeters are perfect, temperate is about 78

Edna said:
I noticed these on the glass of my ten gallon today. Just added a new female Betta yesterday but I don't think this is because of her. There's a Nerite snail in there, I know there are also coepods, amphipods and some kind of white wiggly worm that the fish like to eat.
Perimeters are perfect, temperate is about 78
I forgot to upload the picture
IMG_20190420_101555.jpg
 

elding14

Active Member
Member
Messages
67
Reaction score
18
Edna said:
I forgot to upload the picture
IMG_20190420_101555.jpg
This definitely looks like snail eggs or some sort of algae to me, but I doubt that. If you want more snails just leave it be, but if not you could always just wipe them off!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
Edna

Edna

Active Member
Member
Messages
105
Reaction score
27
elding14 said:
This definitely looks like snail eggs or some sort of algae to me, but I doubt that. If you want more snails just leave it be, but if not you could always just wipe them off!
Crazy! We have pond snails and trumpet snails.... Although I haven't seen any trumpets in a while. I've never seen anything like this on the glass. I have an assassin, but he's on the other side of this ten gallon divided tank. I play do-si-do with him and the Nerite to control pest snails and algae.
 

nanofishneeded

Active Member
Member
Messages
52
Reaction score
20
Location
Pennsylvania, USA
Experience
5 years
Looks like snail eggs. Sometimes I could watch them hatching and then crawling along the top of the water until they reach the glass.
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
243
Guests online
2,962
Total visitors
3,205

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom