What is this boxy fish called?

Rasalas

I have a vague memory of this fish, I think it is a brackish type? It looks like a grumpy box and likes to rest on walls of tanks. It’s definitely not a box puffer or an angler fish. Usually they’re orange??? I’ve attached my artistic rendition

If anyone has any idea of what this might be or if I’m having a bad fever dream pls lmk

tapwater

the picture reminds me of a blob fish hahaha
are you thinking of a really grumpy cichlid...?

Cue

lumpsuckers! They’re wonderful. Unfortunately they can only be kept by aquariums due to how cold and specific their water conditions are. They are saltwater I believe.

tapwater

lumpsuckers! They’re wonderful. Unfortunately they can only be kept by aquariums due to how cold and specific their water conditions are. They are saltwater I believe.
omg they look so much like the drawing!! i wonder if this is what OP was thinking of

Tup

Wait a minute, how cold is it that only Aquariums can keep them? That seems pretty cold...

Cue

Wait a minute, how cold is it that only Aquariums can keep them? That seems pretty cold...
well, they live naturally in the arctic, north pacific, and north Atlantic and they apparently need 5-7 C.
I haven't done much research on them though, I just love them.

Tup

wow, that's pretty cool

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sage Exotics
Replies
Views
Fallinway21
Replies
Views
Flutterby0111